Nissan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:rolleyes: well bought this 240sx for 50$ he had the pump and thermo chaged still overheated, took it to a the only place in this small dam town that would work on it and he said head gasket so he takes it down and said yup head gasket and the head was warped but milled it out... said he did a preasure test , and said it must open crack when heats up(after he put my car back together and still heated up .. runs a little hot when started then goes straight to hot in about 15 mins,,,, what the hell is wrong help.. he said i need a new head..> this car is hot, in dam good shape

·
Registered
32 Posts
make sure the radiator fan is working and nothing is blocking the radiator. squeeze all cooling lines while car is running and feel for pressure and heat (checking for restrictions). also, does your car run out of coolant or leak? if it runs out of coolant but does not leak, then you may have cracked a cylinder wall or something in the head. you can have the head magnafluxed to check for cracks. best of luck in fixing this irritating problem. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

thanks try it, nothing seems the ports get to around 142-152* and the top hose is 172* and the bottom hose is 40* on the radaitor, yeah sounds like the head, but just had it done and asked if he preasure tested it, this guys starting to sound fishy.. ordered a remanufactured :newbie: :newbie: head will be hear tues.. thanks, this car was in excellent condition too. the old owner was a idiot.

·
Registered
32 Posts
you mean bottom hose 140, right? it shouldn't be near freezing...?

·
LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
504 Posts
ghstinthemacn said:
:rolleyes: well bought this 240sx for 50$ he had the pump and thermo chaged still overheated, took it to a the only place in this small dam town that would work on it and he said head gasket so he takes it down and said yup head gasket and the head was warped but milled it out... said he did a preasure test , and said it must open crack when heats up(after he put my car back together and still heated up .. runs a little hot when started then goes straight to hot in about 15 mins,,,, what the hell is wrong help.. he said i need a new head..> this car is hot, in dam good shape
dam you got me beat in the price for your 240 i thought mine was a steal bought it for 500 and you got one for 50 thats gnarly

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Might want to check the block and the radiator for blockages. Make sure water flows well because blockages is what this story is screaming.

·
Registered
32 Posts
::AsleepZ:: blockages are exactly what I had him check for. he appears to be clear of them...or so it would seem...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts