Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have had it too high geared for the temp, but I was driving at nite (temps in low 20's). I was doing about 45 in 4th gear. When I stopped at a drive thru it started backfired a couple of times, not loudly though. While driving it hesitates during acceleration hard. This has happened several times, different times of day. Anyhow on the way home I drove in 3rd gear up to 45mph, when I went into 4 gear there was no hesitation. I've had this car for only a couple of months and not used to the gears yet.
Any suggestions for what to check for? Thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
my hardbody likes to stay in the 2500-3500 rpm range if i get out of that and run lower r's it runs like shit but i pretty much have to drive around all day for that to happen

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
Do a ECU Diagnostics located on the top of the Z32 general forum. Also how many miles do you have on your Z and when was the last time she had a tune up?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is about 230,000 roughly. We were told it had a tune up before we bought it but we want to get one anyway. Ill try the ecu threads. Thanks.

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
There is about 230,000 roughly. We were told it had a tune up before we bought it but we want to get one anyway. Ill try the ecu threads. Thanks.
It's time for a major tune up. If you cause problems because you did not tune her up it will cost you a lot more to fix and these engines are not cheap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts