Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a letter from Nissan yesterday informing me that my Sentra was due for a 9 month service. Has anyone else received this? What kind of service is it?

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
it's expensive ;) don't bother. you can do all the necessary stuff yourself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
chimmike said:
it's expensive ;) don't bother. you can do all the necessary stuff yourself.

I got one from my dealership about a 6 mo checkup. What exactly do they do, and is it necessary to keep my warranty, or no?

-Paul

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
no it's not necessary to keep the warranty.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Each dealership will setup their own service intervals so that they can get your service instead of you going somewhere else. Ususally an oil change, maybe a couple other fluids. Its basicly a way for them to do "preventitive maintenence" and rake in some cash. Look at you owners manual and find the real service intervals.

·
Registered
114 Posts
BlackoutSpecV said:
Each dealership will setup their own service intervals so that they can get your service instead of you going somewhere else. Ususally an oil change, maybe a couple other fluids. Its basicly a way for them to do "preventitive maintenence" and rake in some cash. Look at you owners manual and find the real service intervals.
I called them and asked them what it was "Its basically a Oil Change" ok do you guys have synthetic "No i dont stock Synthetic oil"
Dont bother change your own oil

·
Registered
303 Posts
jsz1002 said:
I received a letter from Nissan yesterday informing me that my Sentra was due for a 9 month service. Has anyone else received this? What kind of service is it?

Read your owners manual. While confuings cause they wrote it mess you up :) You don't really need anything till 30K miles.

Change the oil and filter every 3-5K and you will be fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts