Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
9/11 LIGHTS ON!
On Wednesday, September 11, 2002 everyone in the USA who will be driving a motor vehicle is asked to drive with their headlights on during daylight hours. Please join us on 9/11 . . . we have less than a month to get the word out all across this great land we love and call the United States of America.
Let's see how powerful e-mail can be! Though no explanation is needed as to why we are commemorating September 11. . . we hope more importantly to pay respect to the victims of that day, show our nation's solidarity and show support for our men and women of the Armed Forces.

You can help by sending this e-mail on to others

Remember . . . 9/11 LIGHTS ON!

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
Yeah, i'll probably be recieving this email in less than a day. Damn i hate emails like this. Honestly, how is turning your lights on during the day supposed to represent patriotism? Someone is sure stretching their poetic license on this one! Honestly I think it would be alot better if there was another Flag Day or something along those lines, instead of "turning your lights on during the day". Something where other countries will see how patriotic a whole country can be rather than showing them what slaves we are to our email accounts. Wooo.... lets turn our lights on, even though it has nothing to do with the memories of those that were lost on that horrible day. For, 9-11 I'll be celebrating my friends birthday. I don't usually hate on threads... actually this is my first one on here, but damn, turning on your headlights to show support?!? Thats just plain "wee-todd-didd".

(Please note that this is only my opinion, and in no way reflects actual truth, and or fact)

·
Registered
54 Posts
that day sucked and if it means turning on your headlights to show togetherness, and to let those that have passed know that we are still thinking about them then im in...........

·
Registered
249 Posts
hate to disapoint all of you, but the real point of this is that junk mail companies can gather up a shitload of e-mail addresses from all the people that this was forwarded to.
anyone want to guess what they will do next?
ever wondered how they get your e-mail address?

they couldn't care less about togetherness.

think i'm wrong? sign up for two free e-mail addresses. and start forwarding messages like that to and from one of them and not from another one.
simple as that;-)

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Although its something as turning on your headlights, why not do it?? Show support for your country as we are one of the luckiest people on Earth. Its the least we could do to show that we are united and would do anything even turn on our lights during the day. You never know, with the weather like how it is here in southern cali, we might need them on anyways. I hate humid rainy days. Its 90 degrees and its raining outside

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
Quite honestly I don't see how driving with headlights on really means anything. There's an ever increasing number of cars on the road with the lights on all the time because of DRLs. Seems like a better way to show support would be to do some volunteer work, donate blood, donate to charity, or attend some kind of memorial service. But then I also don't see how all the people driving around with ripped, tattered, faded, and dirty flags on their cars is supposed to be a sign of support or respect either.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Scott said:
Quite honestly I don't see how driving with headlights on really means anything. There's an ever increasing number of cars on the road with the lights on all the time because of DRLs. Seems like a better way to show support would be to do some volunteer work, donate blood, donate to charity, or attend some kind of memorial service. But then I also don't see how all the people driving around with ripped, tattered, faded, and dirty flags on their cars is supposed to be a sign of support or respect either.
I would have to agree with all of that!
I drive with headlights on anyway.
And if you guys haven't given blood I recomend that you do. Everytime I give they send me these stats about how it saves up to 3 lives everytime and how much it's needed.
I think the reason people feel so strongly about american flags on car windows is because of the media campaign about "showing pride." What people don't realize is that media is probably doing it just to do something. Although it does make people feel like they're giving back something, there's way way more they could do. Including myself.

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
hop on the bandwagon! Wave the flag...

I always thought it was sad that 10,000 people or whatever the # is, had to die before people started feeling patriotic.

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Well thats just the way it is, before the Lakers won their first championship, no one had a car flag. They win and now everyone has one. But then again, why would you make something people arent going to buy. Supply and Demand people.

That is how people are, people need a reality check to realize things. Unfortunately, like stated before we needed to have an attack at home realize we are not invulnerable.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Teknokid said:
Well thats just the way it is, before the Lakers won their first championship, no one had a car flag. They win and now everyone has one.
you're talking trendy california people.
come to new england and look at all the SOX fans- when did they win the last world series??exactly!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Trendy cal people...lol. You've never been to Oakland. Boy oh boy...these Raider fans are NUTS! :D :p

·
Registered
249 Posts
GlowstickBoy said:
Trendy cal people...lol. You've never been to Oakland. Boy oh boy...these Raider fans are NUTS! :D :p
that was in refference to bangwagon Laker fans;-)
I do believe that Raiders fans are loco!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Albert Einstein said:
"There are two things that are endless: the universe and the dumbness of mankind. But I'm not so sure about the universe!"

And he's right!

Mankind is always dumb!

And those flags, being US or Lakers or something else, all contribute to that: the man or woman waving the flag wants to be part of a community which outside sign is... the friggin' flag.

Mostly, those flag-people don't recognize that they already belong to a group: their neighborhood, their friends, their collegues at work.

Showing a flag or wearing a soccer-shirt and so on doesn't only show that person's interests, but also shows, that he/she is a weak one and looking for moral support of a group.

Nationalism is a sign of weakness as well. Hitler i.e. was a very weak person just acting as a big bad boy around people he didn't know. So, my friends, be aware if you're on the nationalist side of patriotism or not.

'Nuff said.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts