Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so my backup light fuse is getting power when i turn the key. but when i click it into reverse my lights arent coming on. i noticed when they worked they would come on/off every now and then like a short. is there a sensor or something i should check?? where is it

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm unfortunately going to be minimal help to you because I don't know your model truck but I'm quite certain there's a sensor on the tranny to detect reverse. Do you have manual or automatic?

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have two nissan 1990 HB trucks and no reverse lights I have changed the sensor on the tranny and still no go. I noticed when I was getting front end alignment and the guy was backing truck down the ramps on alignment machine they came on after further investigation the part inside tranny when put in reverse is not quite touching the reverse light sensor to close the circuit and looking further into this it is a known problem with at least 89-90 nisasan hb trucks and pathfinders......I think insted of pulling tranny and taking it apart I will just install a toggle switch in the circuit and mount it on the dash ...also this is on manual tranny not automatic ( automatic tranny on 4x4 is senseless anyway)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts