Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im on my way home from work tonight and right outside of work theres this one light that lasts forever (cross over busy road).. So as im waiting there an early 90's Civic hatchback pulls up next to me and starts to rev like crazy... So i give it one good rev not wanting to draw to much attention (I'm not suppsoed to be driving after 9 and it was close to 11)

So the light changes and he was napping I guess because I got a huge jump off him... He had no chance to catch up and once i was at 60 (40 MPH speed limit) I slowed it down and he passes me and cuts me off! so I switch to the lane he was in and pull up on at the next light...

He starts revving again so I rev it too.. The light changes and my tires start to squeel a little and once again i get a better jump than him.. His front bumper is at the end of my drivers door so we're pretty close... Than all of a sudden he jams on his breaks and makes a left hand turn onto a side road...

I dont know if u can call it a real street race or whateva but it was my first and everything went good... Once I mod my car up all the civics in my town are gonna be surpised :D

·
Registered
702 Posts
well nice kill i guess...thats 1 out of 2 i assume? 89 sentra.....that must be the grandfather of all of ours....lol

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...

The only reason he passed me first time is cause i shut it down at 60...

And yes, mine is the grandfather of yours lol

·
Registered
152 Posts
nice kill. it reminds me of one of my b12. more or less the same thing happend to me back in 98. the only reason i remember is because i got caught. i was doing 65 in a 35. that was my first and only ticket. good thing the other guy got away because the cop told me he was going to give me a break cause the other guy got off free. so i just got a speeding ticket instead of drag racing. pretty cool cop. i miss my b12, cleanest one ive seen with the original paint job. becarefull out there.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Funny thing that the B12 get's called a Grandpa; I think the b11 is the grandpa and the b12 is the b13 & b14's daddy...LOL:p (It's all good)

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
It's a cheap 11 second set up. Unfortunately for me, I spent more money on this engine than I spent on my nissan engines and I wish I hadn't have.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Excuse me for saying "Cheap".... Around here that's a bad word especially when it comes to boosted cars.... And believe me, that $hit wasn't cheap by a long shot ( I wants mu' money back):(

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Yeah, you can do the 4G63 swap as well. They sell everything for this engine and these are probably the easiest 4cyl's to build power on.........

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
www.buschurracing.com sells made mitsu. stuff. As far as the swap is concerned, you just basically need some one to help you seth the engine and tranny up in the car. Personally, I would use a stand alone engine management system as it will simplify the install......

·
Registered
393 Posts
b12s are fun. very light cars. the 89s have the ga16i, right? i think that makes about 100 hp. mine had the e16i, w/ only 70 hp. the wierd thing is the e16i has so much early support from nismo that its not even funny, you can totally build one of those old ass motors w/ nismo parts.

M

·
0 Posts
I have an 89 Pulsar with the GA16I , and I have an e16 tranny on there, hehehe.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Good kill. The guy in the Civic was obviously a dick.

I was at a light once and an old Civic pulls up to me and starts revving. I look back, laugh, and rev back just for kicks. The light is still green the other direction and ours is very much red, and he dumps his clutch and spins into the midddle of the intersection. The he reverses and revs again. I rev too. As the other direction light turn yellow, and ours still red, he dumps it again, and again stops in the middle of the intersection. As my light turns green, I accelerate normally, and just pass him. What a dufus.

I see a few of you are from the NYC area. Where is this light you speak of that is very long?

0 Posts
boost_boy said:
It's something about those civics that makes some people do some crazy stuff.

Well i think its because those civics ricers most of them didnt pay for thier cars, thier parents did. so they dont car if the car gets demolished..just my point of view. i know some of them in my town and im sure thats the reason.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts