Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the car was idling and just stalled out and i haven't been able to start it since then. the car appears to be flooding and has gas on the dipstick (the oil is reading at least a quart overfull). Getting good spark and we're on the second set of new plugs, has new wires, distributor cap, and rotor. The plugs are soaked with gas. Fuel pump sounds like it's running fine. Poured a little oil in the cylinders but that didn't work. Held the pedal to the floor and cranked the sh*& of it and that didn't work either. Pulled the fuse for the fuel pump and tried that route but it didn't work. Any suggestions? I's really appreciate any help you can give. We're out of ideas.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
have you checked at the wiring end for spark ???... have it grounded to the valve cover see if it fires/spark.if no spark comes out check all ground around distributor and check coil spec... also check for correct timing if you got spark. if everything seems ok from that point, check for leaks around the injector. might be flooding on startup/key on, from a bad oring. Any rattling sound coming from the timing chain cover ???

·
M-Unit Racing
627 Posts
Did you experience any skipping before it quit? My Nissan just kicked out because the timing chain skipped a link. I am going to tell you right now...replacing the timing chain will most likely be a weekend job.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts