Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEED HELP! The car takes forever to idle on its own, by forever I mean about 5 minutes of babying the gas pedal. After its "WARM", it dies when you try to put it in gear. Any Gear. R N D, anything. Any ideas on whats causing it to die, or causing it to take forever to stay running on its own. Thanks. ahead of time! :cheers:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This morning I went out and she started with no problem, well, by no problem I mean I had to baby the gas til she decided to idle on her own. I let it idle for a while before trying to put it in gear, but when I did that, she wanted to die. Not sure what could cause it to want to die when being put into gear. Any help would be awesome. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
wel, the idle problem sounds like open loop is messed up. once its warmed up and goes into closed loop it idles just fine. now the thign with putting it in gear could be as simple as a worn out torque converter or tranny...if it doesn't let the engine run then it'll try to move the tranny but of course you have the brake on so its going to try and stall. Its just like not pushing the clutch in on a stick shift when at a stop. this is just a possibility though.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
i just realized that its a auto, there could be something messed up in there my g/fs did the same thing and i never did figure out what it was, i think it was just a gummed up carborator and the engine for a slip second couldnt handle the sudden load but after it was in gear for second the car ran fine she just had to tap the gas a bit to kep it from stallin... but for u.. have u tryed new fluid to clean out the pumps? maybe its origonal fluid lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you talking about Tranny fluid? I havent tried that yet, figured I would post up for some suggestions. Ill try that in the next few days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts