Nissan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i just bought a 89 Nissan Pulsar with T-tops. honestly i have no clue about this car. my friend came to me and said "i got a new project for you. a 89 Nissan Pulsar. if u can build this crap to beat my 92 teggy LS i will put 'I GOT OWNED BY A NISSAN' stickers all over his turbo'd teggy."

what kinda engine swap options do i have, if any? are the a lot of aftermarket for stock engine? ummm wut is the stock engine GA16DE?

thanks for any help guys!
Chris

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
open up the hood and look at the engine. got no distributor ?? Ca18de. If you got a distributor : He wont be putting any sticker soon.

If you have the ca18de, you can swap a DET into it. search the forum a bit and youll find everything you need to do it. @175hp, 7500rpm redline it sure will kill the teg.

·
Nissan No More
1,904 Posts
CLICK HERE to get all the tech info you need to lay the smack down on that Honduh....Acura is still a Honduh. BTW, it's not gonna be cheap.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i do have a CA18DE so YAY! Myetball i know this is ganna be pricey but i only have to pay half. the company i work for (Pure Performance Nissans) r sponsoring all my projects as long as they can use them for shows/ads/etc.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know!!!!! wut about a SR20DET swap i heard that was possible in this car.

·
NISSAN SLAP NUTS
1,051 Posts
Alchemy said:
it can be done but makes the car quite front heavy
and to ADD PITA!!! stick with the CA18DET bolt in,and plug and play:D ask boost_boy;)

·
Registered
124 Posts
I herd that the CA18DET requires a little bit of custom fabing too. Which really isn't that bad, but that's the same thing that you'd have to do with an sr20.

Note: the custom fabing I'm talking about is the motor mounts.

·
NISSAN SLAP NUTS
1,051 Posts

·
NISSAN SLAP NUTS
1,051 Posts
hybrid DET said:
and you know this from 1st hand experience i suppose?

Well it's a no brainer if the standard engine is a E-16 the SR20 will out weigh it . to add it will not make the nose of the car drag:D Now does it affect the cars performance ? I would say no.

Now you should correct him,But don't be a smarty about it just because you happen to have a sr20 under your hood..... but hey just my two cents. :fluffy:

Chip-

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
dont forget the sentra/pulsar was made have a Ca18de under the hood .. also never underestimate the weight of a full cast iron bloc VS the Sr20de all aluminium motor :)

about the custom fabbing on the Ca18det swap is some little cuts to the cross member and some welding/cutting on the front dog bone mount. thats it. the wiring is another story but isnt bad anyway.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Crazy-Mart said:
about the custom fabbing on the Ca18det swap is some little cuts to the cross member and some welding/cutting on the front dog bone mount. thats it. the wiring is another story but isnt bad anyway.
Yeah that's what I've been told. But the problem is that I have no welder. I wish I did...

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
it is still way less involvment into getting the Ca18det in there compare to the Sr20det. a lot more welding involved.

·
off topic VIP
388 Posts
Myetball said:
CLICK HERE to get all the tech info you need to lay the smack down on that Honduh.
so thats where boost boy is... great resource! anyone who owns or is interested in a CA motor should check that link out
:cheers:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts