Nissan Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i just bought a 89 Nissan Pulsar with T-tops. honestly i have no clue about this car. my friend came to me and said "i got a new project for you. a 89 Nissan Pulsar. if u can build this crap to beat my 92 teggy LS i will put 'I GOT OWNED BY A NISSAN' stickers all over his turbo'd teggy."

what kinda engine swap options do i have, if any? are the a lot of aftermarket for stock engine? ummm wut is the stock engine GA16DE?

thanks for any help guys!
Chris

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,348 Posts
open up the hood and look at the engine. got no distributor ?? Ca18de. If you got a distributor : He wont be putting any sticker soon.

If you have the ca18de, you can swap a DET into it. search the forum a bit and youll find everything you need to do it. @175hp, 7500rpm redline it sure will kill the teg.

·
Nissan No More
1,925 Posts
CLICK HERE to get all the tech info you need to lay the smack down on that Honduh....Acura is still a Honduh. BTW, it's not gonna be cheap.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i do have a CA18DE so YAY! Myetball i know this is ganna be pricey but i only have to pay half. the company i work for (Pure Performance Nissans) r sponsoring all my projects as long as they can use them for shows/ads/etc.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I herd that the CA18DET requires a little bit of custom fabing too. Which really isn't that bad, but that's the same thing that you'd have to do with an sr20.

Note: the custom fabing I'm talking about is the motor mounts.

·
NISSAN SLAP NUTS
1,091 Posts

·
NISSAN SLAP NUTS
1,091 Posts
hybrid DET said:
and you know this from 1st hand experience i suppose?

Well it's a no brainer if the standard engine is a E-16 the SR20 will out weigh it . to add it will not make the nose of the car drag:D Now does it affect the cars performance ? I would say no.

Now you should correct him,But don't be a smarty about it just because you happen to have a sr20 under your hood..... but hey just my two cents. :fluffy:

Chip-

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,348 Posts
dont forget the sentra/pulsar was made have a Ca18de under the hood .. also never underestimate the weight of a full cast iron bloc VS the Sr20de all aluminium motor :)

about the custom fabbing on the Ca18det swap is some little cuts to the cross member and some welding/cutting on the front dog bone mount. thats it. the wiring is another story but isnt bad anyway.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Crazy-Mart said:
about the custom fabbing on the Ca18det swap is some little cuts to the cross member and some welding/cutting on the front dog bone mount. thats it. the wiring is another story but isnt bad anyway.
Yeah that's what I've been told. But the problem is that I have no welder. I wish I did...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.