Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas I could use some help. My 89 Pathfinder won't start. Its got a new battery, starter and alternator.I had this problem before I changed all those items listed and now I'm back to square one.I turn the igniton.. nothing. What else should I look at? My next stop is taking it to the dealer.

Thanks

P.S. Pathfinder starters are a bytch to replace!!

·
3,553 Posts
They're not bad if you have a body lift. ;) Go straight through the fenderwell, no prob.

Many things could be wrong. There are at least two or three relays controlling whether the engine starts or not. A couple of switches, too. Ignition switch, shifter position switch (inhibitor switch), etc.

Have you tried hooking a wire directly to the starter solenoid to see if it turns over with a direct application of power?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
88pathoffroad said:
They're not bad if you have a body lift. ;) Go straight through the fenderwell, no prob.

Many things could be wrong. There are at least two or three relays controlling whether the engine starts or not. A couple of switches, too. Ignition switch, shifter position switch (inhibitor switch), etc.

Have you tried hooking a wire directly to the starter solenoid to see if it turns over with a direct application of power?

yeah I've tried that no luck. It's probably a relay(I hope) I'm getting it towed to adealer today. Thanks for oyur input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts