Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm new to the whole nissan world, but anyhoo, my 89' manual V6 2 door pathfinder turns over but wont start. It all began when I tried to start it last week and it wouldn't turn over due to the ground terminal being ate through with acid. So I replaced the terminal and the damn thing will just turn over and not start. I have replaced and checked the folowing: Coil, plug wires, cap, roter, fuel pump, fuel filter.. I have checked all of the fuses...

I replaced the fuel pump because it is not wanting to kick on and deliver fuel to the throttle body.. I thought is could be the fuel pump relay so i swapped the main relay for the fuel pump relay being that they are the same thing and still nothing, maybe both relays are bad... Oh yea I made sure the rotor turns too so it's not the timing belt...

Any advice?:newbie::givebeer:

·
3,553 Posts
Check your fusible links and battery terminals. Make sure the terminals are tight and clean. Also check your Check relay inside, sometimes they quit working, which means no fuel pump. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replaced fuel relay, checked the "check" relay and it was fine because the fuel pump had power before I took it out and didn't have power when I did. I assume the check relay your reffering to is in the same row as the fuel pump relay. I'm not exactly sure how the check the fusible links though.. Is there an example somewhere? Terminals are good, tight and clean.. The damn fuel pump just dosent want to kick on, and it has power to it.. It's either a ground somewhere or or the ECU is bunk... Is there a way to tell?

·
3,553 Posts
Another leading cause of fuel pump malfunction is the wiring itself. See if you can follow it underneath from the front to the rear and see if it's rubbed the frame somewhere and shorted out, or if someone in the past poked a hole in some of the wiring to test it - it could have corroded in half inside the insulation. Check attachment points at the tank and make sure you don't have a lot of corrosion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, still no luck! I'm not getting spark from the coil, and it turns over but dosent want to start. Oh yea and the fuel pump is not kicking on either.. Theres no sign that the fusable links have fryed either. I tried to do the diagnostic test with the ECU and the lights wouldn't flicker either... Bad ECU?
I have a VG30I is there a secondary coil, I'm missing??:wtf:

So I have replaced the:
Ground wire to the battery
Coil
Plug wires
Cap/roter
Fuel pump
Fuel filter
Fuel pump relay
Main Relay
Checked all fusesd
:lame: