Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an '89 Path SE that has the original electronic shocks still on. They're the electronic type with the sport/touring switch setting on the center console.

Nissan wants ~$200 per shock for replacements. Question, can I install some Monroe's or the like, non-electronic controlled shocks on for replacements? Went to the local O'Reilly's place and they didn't have anything in stock, but said there was a conversion kit in the parts database?. Guy wasn't sure what it was for, was going to research and call me back. No callback yet.

So checking in here to see if I can just put some non-oem's on, and whether a "conversion kit" is required - much obliged for any assistance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Replace electronic adj shocks on Pathy

Check with RockAuto online, they list Monroe SensaTrac replacements. I have recently replaced my electronics on a 1995 Pathfinder - work great.

David

Have an '89 Path SE that has the original electronic shocks still on. They're the electronic type with the sport/touring switch setting on the center console.

Nissan wants ~$200 per shock for replacements. Question, can I install some Monroe's or the like, non-electronic controlled shocks on for replacements? Went to the local O'Reilly's place and they didn't have anything in stock, but said there was a conversion kit in the parts database?. Guy wasn't sure what it was for, was going to research and call me back. No callback yet.

So checking in here to see if I can just put some non-oem's on, and whether a "conversion kit" is required - much obliged for any assistance.

·
3,553 Posts
Any replacement shocks will work fine. Just unplug the old adjustable ones and tape up the connector.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts