Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there.

I'm going to lead with the fact that I'm more on the restorations/ auto body side of things. I just picked up a 89 pulsar nx 1.6 sohc 5 speed that I've been told by the owner (she took it to the dealership) needs new synchrows. I also have a 92 sentra 1.6 dohc 4 speed. I would rather keep out of the trans if possible, was wondering if anyone might know if you can match up the sentra 4 speed trans with the nx motor? Or would I just need to swap the whole power train? This is my first real trans issue. I have no real desire to keep the sentra. Thank you. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
single cam is gonna be the E16s. assuming its TBI as the GA series was dohc. the GA16 from a 90-99 sentra, 200sx will fit and be the same but i think there are minor differences in transes between 90 and 94 but all should fit. i know the E16 trans mates directly to a ga16 but has fewer bolts on the engine then the GA trans does so i dont see a reason it couldnt work

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,440 Posts
single cam is gonna be the E16s. assuming its TBI as the GA series was dohc. the GA16 from a 90-99 sentra, 200sx will fit and be the same but i think there are minor differences in transes between 90 and 94 but all should fit. i know the E16 trans mates directly to a ga16 but has fewer bolts on the engine then the GA trans does so i dont see a reason it couldnt work
The GA16i used '89-'90 was single overhead cam (SOHC).

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,440 Posts
Hey there.

I'm going to lead with the fact that I'm more on the restorations/ auto body side of things. I just picked up a 89 pulsar nx 1.6 sohc 5 speed that I've been told by the owner (she took it to the dealership) needs new synchrows. I also have a 92 sentra 1.6 dohc 4 speed. I would rather keep out of the trans if possible, was wondering if anyone might know if you can match up the sentra 4 speed trans with the nx motor? Or would I just need to swap the whole power train? This is my first real trans issue. I have no real desire to keep the sentra. Thank you. :)
Bolt up should be the same. Take a look at the starter motor location on the 92 and the mount to make sure they won't be an issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts