Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahoy all,

The heater blower in my 89 Nissan D21 SE V6 isn't working. Hit the switch, nothing.

It's my driveway plow truck and without the heater, I might as well be plowing with a blindfold on.

Any advice you can give to someone who doesn't know too much about this stuff, but through trial and error usually gets there in the end, would be immensely appreciated.

Thanks! :)

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,341 Posts
Well, if it's not working in all speeds, the first things I would suspect is a blown fuse or a bad blower motor. Get a 12v test light, unplug the blower motor connector and check for power with the key "on" and heater "on." If you have no power at either of the two wires in the connector, then check your fuses and make sure they are good and, using the test light, make sure there is power through them. If there is no power to them, check your fusible links at the battery positive cable. If you do have power at the blower motor, jump the two wires in the connector using the test light and see if it illuminates. If it does, replace the blower. If it doesn't, you'll need to check the ground circuit. Sometimes you can get a stuck blower motor to work by banging on the motor a few times with a hammer. If this happens, it will serve you temporarily, but I would still recommend replacing the blower motor before winter gets here.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can anyone confirm that this is the blower motor?

I measured the voltage at two points on the connector and got this with the key on and the switch either on or off:

I guess checking the fuse is next, but I have no idea where it is. I checked all the fuses inside the truck and they all look good. Anyone know which fuse this is?

Thanks so much for all the assistance.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,341 Posts
There's usually two, 20A fuses next to each other for the blower motor. Should be in the fuse block under the driver's side of the dash, if I remember correctly, however it's been away since I worked on a D21. Yes, that is the blower motor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts