Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just acquired a 4 door as a project vehicle, the car has been sitting for 2+ years in the US, In an attempt to jump start it a few years back the jumper cables were switched, where do I start?

·
Registered
630 Posts
how much did you pay for the car? where are you located? and i have no idea where you would start...

but from my breif google search there shouldnt be any problem if you hook it up properly and give it a go

however

since the car has sat for a number of years you are gonna be either rebuilding the engine soon or its gonna blow on you...

the gaskets are all shot and cracking by now, your suspension is also prolly screwed... make sure you change out ALL of your fluids before you try and crank it over...

get a new battery as well...

check for rust on the under carriage... when it was sitting was it on grass or conrete or dirt etc etc....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in MI, $10,500, a little high I think, but I'm mad bored. The reversed jumper cables didn't do anything? I though I was for sure going to need a new voltage regulator and fuses.

Alright,
Gaskets
Battery
Change fluids

If you think of anything else let me know.

Thanks.

·
Registered
630 Posts
your gonna wanna check out the clutch as well make sure its still in good working order... check al lthe hoses too, prolly need to change most of them, it is over 15yrs old...

check brakes, and everything else you woudl normally check on a car that has sat for a long time...

you're prolly looking at a rebuild in the near future so you might as well get it done now...

id say you're lookin to spend about 15,000 to get the car running perfect, safe and reliable... if you were to spend another 5-10k youd be able to get a shit load more out of the car and be around 350whp

10,500 isnt too high in the usa, up in canada it would be around 6500...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts