Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I know what to order (STB for a b13), but when i searched there was a lot of confusion it seemed as to whether the part fits or not.

The issue is will it fit over the GA16i airbox? are there certain ones that do and others that don't?

Some said it fits no problem, others said it needs slight modification.

If it needs slight modification, what needs to be done? anyone have pictures of this?

·
Registered
734 Posts
the slight mod is on the right strut tower. you have to grind a small spot flat in order for it to fit properly.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Pulsar N14 Strut tower brace works - you just have to bend the bar slightly to give it more of an angle to clear everything. Just put it in a vice near the factory bend and pull it a tad...

·
Registered
734 Posts
looks likes its time for a engine swap! :)

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
looks likes its time for a engine swap! :)
yeaaahh i've thought about it, but i just spent $200 ordering a euro-cam that will be here end of the week. i'd rather just do my suspension upgrades, headers/exhaust for now, and then start putting together pieces for a turbo project similar to Mervics, and have one of only a couple GA16i-t's. i know that people have made a b13 tower strut fit, it just depends which way the bends are.

if they bend toward the from and the bar is raised just a bit from the mount, it fits great. a shape somewhat like this: \________/

if its shaped like: ========= , it can be more difficult.

another option is i can make some spacers out of wood to lift it up .25-.5". it would be really simple to do with some MDF.

the other thing i could do is go ahead and make the ABS CAI i was planning on doing... it'll just look so ugly is all...

·
off topic VIP
388 Posts
i just bent the bar to fit, and lowered the evap canister as well.

did it in 15 minutes.

just wing it man. its easy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts