Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of a sudden, the driver side seatbelt is locked. I can disconnect it from the automatic part, it will retract fully but then I cannot pull it back it as it is locked. However, if I pull a bit, give it slack, then pull a bit more I can eventually get enough slack to cover my body--but then I cant move because the belt is still locked as if I am slamming on the brake!!! Any suggestions before I drop it off at the dealer? Thank you.

·
Tarmac Terrorist
272 Posts
flagg79 said:
All of a sudden, the driver side seatbelt is locked. I can disconnect it from the automatic part, it will retract fully but then I cannot pull it back it as it is locked. However, if I pull a bit, give it slack, then pull a bit more I can eventually get enough slack to cover my body--but then I cant move because the belt is still locked as if I am slamming on the brake!!! Any suggestions before I drop it off at the dealer? Thank you.
DELETED!
Get Rid of the electric seatbelts, they work well when new, but just like anything mechanical when they are old they cause problems, get some harnesses or find some donor unit's from a Canadian car!
The Canadian models didn't have the electronic seatbelts :cheers:

·
Banned
1,899 Posts
There should be lifetime warranty on the seatbelts. Call the local dealer and see what they can do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts