Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 88 truck with the 2.4l engine. On the bottom of the intake manifold is a part that threads into the manifold and has three coolant ports on it. I called the dealer, because no parts stores around here seem to carry parts for older Nissan trucks, and was told that it is the manifold connector or another name is the bypass connector part number 1407589w00. One of the ports rusted off and I need to replace it. The dealer wants $28.93 but that is a significant percentage of what I paid for the truck so I'm looking to find it cheaper or see if I can just plug it. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's been so long I don't remember exactly. I'm sure it involved a lot of PB Blaster. I don't think it came out in one piece, some of the hose attach fittings came off. I think it is hex shaped so you can get pliers on it. Hopefully it doesn't shear off at the threads.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That is what I am afraid of. It's hard to get to and getting the PB Blaster (haven't tried that yet) to work against gravity will be tough. With WD40, I have been able to get the plastic straw attachment up through the fittings and up into the manifold to work from that direction. We'll see how it goes. Did you remove anything to get better access?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just went and looked, I don't think I removed anything else, but I do remember trying from below and from on top. It wasn't easy because of the corrosion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts