Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!!!!

Hoping to get some help with my Nissan. I let her sit for a long time and now I'm trying to get her up and running again. She has been starting a little, but now it's not doing a thing. I have changed the battery, drained the gas tank and put new gas in, changed the fuel filter, changed the oil, and today I changed out the dist. cap and plug wires.....still to no avail. She will turnover, but not start up. Crazy-Mart suggested I post in this section. Tomorrow I plan on checking the fuel injector. I can hear the fuel pump buzzing when I turn the ignition to on. So I think that the pump is ok, but I just can't get her to go anymore. I'm just a novice and I'm grasping at straws. Like I said she'll turnover but will not start now. Can anyone give me some detailed help. Thanks everyone, esp. u Crazy-Mart. U da man..

·
Viva el iPod
1,232 Posts
Well if an engine won't start it's either missing spark or fuel. Have you checked if you have spark? Take the spark plug wire off, stick a screwdriver into the wire (where the plug goes in) put it against something metallic under the engine bay (like the valve cover or something) and have someone click it to start a couple times. If there's no spark, then check those systems of the car. If there is spark, then put the plug back in, and try starting by spraying starting fluid in the throttle body (be careful, you don't want to overdo it and flood the engine or start a fire). If it starts, then you have a fuel delivery problem and you can trace it from there.

Good luck, sometimes these things can be daunting, especially if you're a novice. I suggest you get a Haynes (or similar) manual.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts