Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
New board member here. I have an 87 Sentra 4WD wagon, 104,000 miles. My dad bought it for me and my sister for college a few years ago and I love it to death. Now, my sister had blown the headgasket a while back and my dad and I decided that fixing it would be more than worthwhile considering that the car is in great shape other wise. I was just wondering if anyone had any general advice about doing that kind of job on that car.

Thanks, I've lurked for a while and you folks seem incredibly knowledgable!

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
It's cool to see another 4WD wagon on the boards. They are pretty rare cars. Other then making sure you label ALL hoses, cables, electrical wires, etc there probably won't be any problem.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's cool. I loved driving the car in college and the 4WD got me out of more than a few jams. My dad's doing most of the work, with me standing there, handing him tools and learning. I'll keep the board informed of progress and some pics when we get it finished.

thanks

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We've got the Chilton's manual already. It's got an E16 motor and the five speed stick.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
i did change those twice with a haynes manuel and took 3 days the first time ... 8 hours the second time !! :) if you have any problem hit me up !! :) ill be please to help with it !!... dont worry ... maybe all the e16 in the world now (over 200000km) already got the blown adventure !! Its an easy chore to change it...not that easy but with a good book in hand, and patience youll have an as good engine and reliable as before !!....

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
by the way an easy way to save on gaskets and error... just leave the intke/TBI(carb) on the head...if the exhaust manifold is hard to unbolt (2big nuts securing the tube for emissions) one of those can be cutted and later rejointed with an rubber hose with claMPS.. (the smaller one butt cut it half way... near the distributor)

Have fuun !!

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Hmmmm! Sounds like a wicked sleeper could be born;) And then you can really be called "Different"....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts