Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! Looking at getting a 87 pulsar with the e16i in it, and have the availability of 2 different motors to me for a swap. Ca18de or e15t....which would be the better choice? Looking for a daily driver with a little snot behind it! I've done my Google searches and what not but figured I'd give a shout to y'all!

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,440 Posts
If you are looking for power, the CA18DE by a long shot! However, keep in mind that'll entail swapping the transmission, axles shafts and probably hubs, as well. CA and E engines do not share the same transmission bolt pattern. I remember the E15T Pulsars when I worked for Nissan, starting in 1985. They were pretty rare and most of them were black as I recall. They weren't all that easy to work on when they developed problems and there were a ton of sensors. The CA18DE has 16 more horsepower and more torque and that's without forced induction. If you really want to up your game, there's the CA18DET which has 166 HP and 168 ft/lbs of torque stock. They weren't available in the US, but were available in Europe and Japan.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the e15t ended up being a dead end. think im gonna go ahead and build the e16i up, trying to figure out about a weber carb setup for it now!

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,440 Posts
I don't see how going to a carburetor is going to give you any performance improvement over throttle body injection. It's hard to get much performance out of an E16 engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts