Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just wanted to pick your brains a bit.

1987 4x4 Pathfinder with v6 and 5 speed. It has had some pretty deep issues in the past. It started out by losing power and back firing when you drive it. The power loss was so bad it would not pull up a slight hill unless you were in first and on the floor.

I changed the Plugs wires cap and rotor. That more or less cured a ton of the issues but I still have mild Power loss and a lot of back firing through the exhaust.

Any ideas or suggestions? Any other info I can provide? I'm grasping here so if you can please give me a hand.

~Z~

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, the only code tripped is for the O2 sensor. I tried to unplug it and it ran exactly the same.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey guys just wanted to pick your brains a bit.

1987 4x4 Pathfinder with v6 and 5 speed. It has had some pretty deep issues in the past. It started out by losing power and back firing when you drive it. The power loss was so bad it would not pull up a slight hill unless you were in first and on the floor.

I changed the Plugs wires cap and rotor. That more or less cured a ton of the issues but I still have mild Power loss and a lot of back firing through the exhaust.

Any ideas or suggestions? Any other info I can provide? I'm grasping here so if you can please give me a hand.

~Z~

Resolved - I took it to a shop.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Timing Belt... I should have checked the timing.

The O2 sensor was an issue too. There are headers on the Pathy and the O2 Sensor was not even in the tube. It was just hanging there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts