1987 2.4 z24i 5-speed 4x4
so i plan on just completely rebuilding this truck.... i haven't seen many rebuilds for the hardbody.
my plan is to buy another car while this truck is being rebuilt.....
i'm only 18 i wont start school till september so i have time. i'm starting the rebuild when the weather is worm
1. ripp the engine out
2. take the cab off
3. take the bed off
4. trannyy out
6. fuel lines and all that other shiit basicly leave the frame rail.
7. sand blast the frame
8. weld anything that needs to be welded on the frame
9. powder coat the frame.
10. resurface the axle, trany, transfercase,
11. rebuild the engine ..... ( valves, cylinders, resurface the block, get it all cleaned up )
12. work on the cap now, the driver side and the passenger side floor exactly where you put your feet, cut that out weld new medal in there and primer that
13. the bed needs some work, have rust holes in the bottom corners.
14. build a custom front and rear bumpers.
i have a lot of exprerence working on cars, i've changed a clutch on this truck with the help of a buddy,
changed the alternator, water pump, fuel filter, exhaust manifold
i worked a lot of acura integras also,
i also have experience with bodywork,
my welding experience is almost zero, i have tried it once or twise before.
i wanan plan everything take pictures of everything i do, label everything i take off, clean every single thing i take off... possiably paint it.... i have michel on demand. and also i'm going to use Genuine Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com they have very detailed diagrams . i'm going to get the haynes manual also
i have a 160 mastercraft tool set... veriouse renches screw drivers, sockets
a jack ...
i'm gona get a hold of a cherry picker ... a sand blaster and a compressor
what are your thoughts on this ... do you guys think its 2 big of a job for me ? or should i go ahead with it starting when the weather gets worm in ontario
also how much money do u think i'm going to spend on this ? i'm good with online shopping ... researching etc.