Nissan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i purchased a 1985 nissan 300zx and it used to turn over and with a lil bit of starter fluid it would start then die. So i went out and bought a new batter and batter positve batter cable cuz the other one broke replaced the battery and cable and now it wont even turn over. What could be wrong with it?

· Registered
112 Posts
Double check your cable connections-- both on the cable you replaced and the other one-- if one broke the other one is probably not far from it. Also you may want to check your connections using a voltmeter or ohmmeter. As for the no start, are you getting gas to the engine?

· Registered
5 Posts
not to be totally cutting in on this thread but i tried starting my sentra yesterday to no avail... i haven't had any problems staring in the past

the dash lights all come on and there is a slight click from the column when i turn the key to "start" but nothing else happens.

anybody? thanks and sorry if i'm messing the whole order of things here. ;)

· Registered
112 Posts
If the battery is really, really, really dead, then jumping it may be difficult. The fact that you are getting a "click" tells me the battery is probably toast. Have it tested, and if it comes up good, then you are looking at a bad starter. . .

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sorry it took so long to repley but anyways for the dashlight;s then dont turn on at all they used to till i switched the battery. but not anymore and my brake lights are on and i seem to not be able to shut them off until i take of the battery cable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.