Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, I am new to this board and have searched thru many posts but have been unable to find the info I need. I am doing a tune-up on my girlfriends 83 Nissan Sentra (1.6Liter)and when I purchased all the parts the counter guy sold me an pcv Valve. It is a small black threaded plastic piece with a hose connection on the other end. Problem is after searching the entire engine bay I am unable to locate this particular part to replace. Does anyone know if this is even a part designed to fit on this particular engine? I can supply some pics of the part if will help. I appreaciate any help I can get, Thanks :cheers:

·
Registered
113 Posts
bloodstain said:
Hello all, I am new to this board and have searched thru many posts but have been unable to find the info I need. I am doing a tune-up on my girlfriends 83 Nissan Sentra (1.6Liter)and when I purchased all the parts the counter guy sold me an pcv Valve. It is a small black threaded plastic piece with a hose connection on the other end. Problem is after searching the entire engine bay I am unable to locate this particular part to replace. Does anyone know if this is even a part designed to fit on this particular engine? I can supply some pics of the part if will help. I appreaciate any help I can get, Thanks :cheers:
did you look on the valve cover?.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
should be on the intake manifold side (under the carb)

P.s it would better suited if you would have asked this in the E-serie section/B11-12 Sentra :)

Welcome aboard

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SVP5TEN said:
did you look on the valve cover?.
Ya I checked the valve cover, there is only one hose attatched to it and it doesn't have the pcv valve anywhere on it? Is it needed? On a side note the vehicle keeps failing emmisions testing with too high of a THC and CO.

Crazy-Mart said:
should be on the intake manifold side (under the carb)

P.s it would better suited if you would have asked this in the E-serie section/B11-12 Sentra

Welcome aboard
Yesterday 10:59 PM
Really under the carb? didn't check there. Thanks for the tip and sorry if this was posted in the wrong section, I was in a hurry to get it posted up and get some ideas. Feel free to move it to the appropriate area if need be. And thanks for the welcome :thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts