Nissan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a car i picked up for free from my sister. My grandfather bought it new in '82. I just got finished cleaning it out, i want to find some carpet for it get a new dash, new engine/rebuild it and thats pretty much all i can think of. Have to have a gas saving car with the prices of gas now, you can see my gas guzzler in the background.

http://www.spaceape.net/datsun/

·
M-Unit Racing
627 Posts
Nice pics man. That Sentra looks pretty good for its age. You should go off the wall and try puttin a Ford 302 in it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hah... if i were to put a larger engine in it, it would have to be a SBC. That much power and weighing almost nothing, it would fly. But that would be rather complicated need a k-member rear suspension, somewhere to put the driveshaft. Would be awesome though.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
Biscuit said:
Hmm....a car like that...it wouldnt take much mods to put a 302 in it.
Its a FWD... there is no swap on this world that would be more challenging and costy than this one..

Still, very nice car that could make an oldschool sleeper with way less mods than a 302 and could still eat them :thumbup:

·
M-Unit Racing
627 Posts
Thats the fun of it all. Just get some fabricating skills and nothing is impossible. BUT what you could do...is get a motor out of a late 80s or early 90s Cadillac Deville and stick it down in there. They are all front wheel drives except for a certain few. The 4.5 and 4.9 Cadi motors are some pretty bad ass lil doozies. AND they have great reliability because the Cadi I used to drive had 234k miles on it. It would be a tight fit...but thats the fun of it all.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
pretty sure the engine and tranny is way too large to fit in there and the front suspension wouldnt be up to the task....not to mention trowing out the balance of the car so off that it wouldnt be fun to drive... but ya, nothing is impossible lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts