Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Nitrous Junkie
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been running a 75shot for over 3 months now ive gone through 4 bottles. Running 1 step colder plugs and Timing is set 3* under stock. No detonation or ill effects to engine. No loss of compression. THe only thing that has broken has been the drivers side C.V. joint and thats due to a bad transmission mount. new axel and polyurethane mount on the way.

Going to Dyno soon just to see how much power i should be putting down. Cams and UR pulley should be next and im curious to see the gains with the nitrous and cams.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
I could've told you it can be done ;)

Sounds like you did it right, good job. Looking forward to the numbers!

·
Right By DA Beach....
1,842 Posts
Sounds cool...I was running a 65 shot with all of my bolt ons, curious to see how much it will make on the dyno...Good luck

·
Nitrous Junkie
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CAI, Header, Exhaust, 2 inch all the way back and now i got solid motor mounts.... and the nitrous kit.........

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bryan200sx said:
Ive been running a 75shot for over 3 months now ive gone through 4 bottles. Running 1 step colder plugs and Timing is set 3* under stock. No detonation or ill effects to engine. No loss of compression. THe only thing that has broken has been the drivers side C.V. joint and thats due to a bad transmission mount. new axel and polyurethane mount on the way.

Going to Dyno soon just to see how much power i should be putting down. Cams and UR pulley should be next and im curious to see the gains with the nitrous and cams.
wet or dry??

·
Nitrous Junkie
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NOS_PSR_NOS said:
wet or dry??
Wet kit i would never try this on any sort of dry kit. Thats asking for a new engine.

·
Right By DA Beach....
1,842 Posts
I ran 65 shot on a dry for 5 months ran great...All I did was change e plugs... I had fidanza flywheel, ACT clutch. Stromung 2 inch exhaust, Hotshot header, Injen CAI, Zex dry kit, Short shifter, and the timing was set back..

Would have loved to dyno it...To bad its time for a turbo..:)

·
Nitrous Junkie
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
waiting on the next Dyno Day by my house i havent had time to even think but i will post the chart when i do i get 3 pulls for $40 im going to do 2 pulls with the 75 shot and one with a 100 shot an pull back on timing for the 100 shot.

Will keep you posted

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
Bryan200sx said:
waiting on the next Dyno Day by my house i havent had time to even think but i will post the chart when i do i get 3 pulls for $40 im going to do 2 pulls with the 75 shot and one with a 100 shot an pull back on timing for the 100 shot.

Will keep you posted
100 shot... I think that's pushing your luck..

·
Registered
258 Posts
100 shit is too much. dont push your luck. i think the highest you could go is prolly a 85 shot. please correct me if im wrong though.

·
Nitrous Junkie
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
100 shot has been done before. If i do it correctly there should be no problem with a 100 shot. There is guy that dose not post on the forums that has this done in his GA and he has not had any problems. The only thing different in his set up then mine is an RPM window switch. We will see regardless when i started my nitrous project i also picked up an engine from a buddy of mine so worse case scenario i just pull my blown engine.

·
Registered
189 Posts
100 wet shot?

I wanna go with a zex wet kit (for price reasons) and it doesn't use a manual activation switch (which can move around or fall off etc..) it uses an electrical signal directly from the tps.
Can I run a 75 shot on the zex WET kit (yes they have wet and dry) with stock fuel pump, hotshot cai, hotshot header and timing retarded to 5BTDC?
I'm currently set up for all motor with timing at 12btdc on my ga16de. I also have a slightly bored out TB honed into a funnel-ram shape, a koyo radiator, an additional cooling fan, ES motor mount, 2 1/4" exhaust with SE-R cat for more flow, "turbo" muffler (straight through, no core). Iridium plugs, 91-92 octane pump gas and a venom 400 for WOT program (more stoich at WOT) confirmed with a/f meter. This is a manual trans. Konig 17's with nitto zr17's and pacesetter short-shifter. UR Crank pulley. JWT flywheel. Oh yeah, and a hyper-ground kit, gold batt terminals with a 0.5 and a 1.0 farad capacitor in-line for the stero stuff...

I know to NOS the venom has to be turned off, the sparks have to be changed and the timing retarded back to 5 below stock (stock is 8btdc so like 3 degrees btdc? is that right? I have to run 91 with nos (even with retarded timing right?).
Do I have to have an aftermarket ignition? (which one is best for ga?)
Will I have to upgrade fuel pump if it's a wet system? for a 75shot?

P.S> Thank you for the help in advance....

Nos is like sex, dry is very very bad ;)

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
DanTheMan said:
I wanna go with a zex wet kit (for price reasons) and it doesn't use a manual activation switch (which can move around or fall off etc..) it uses an electrical signal directly from the tps.
Can I run a 75 shot on the zex WET kit (yes they have wet and dry) with stock fuel pump, hotshot cai, hotshot header and timing retarded to 5BTDC?
I'm currently set up for all motor with timing at 12btdc on my ga16de. I also have a slightly bored out TB honed into a funnel-ram shape, a koyo radiator, an additional cooling fan, ES motor mount, 2 1/4" exhaust with SE-R cat for more flow, "turbo" muffler (straight through, no core). Iridium plugs, 91-92 octane pump gas and a venom 400 for WOT program (more stoich at WOT) confirmed with a/f meter. This is a manual trans. Konig 17's with nitto zr17's and pacesetter short-shifter. UR Crank pulley. JWT flywheel. Oh yeah, and a hyper-ground kit, gold batt terminals with a 0.5 and a 1.0 farad capacitor in-line for the stero stuff...

I know to NOS the venom has to be turned off, the sparks have to be changed and the timing retarded back to 5 below stock (stock is 8btdc so like 3 degrees btdc? is that right? I have to run 91 with nos (even with retarded timing right?).
Do I have to have an aftermarket ignition? (which one is best for ga?)
Will I have to upgrade fuel pump if it's a wet system? for a 75shot?

P.S> Thank you for the help in advance....

Nos is like sex, dry is very very bad ;)

You should just get the JWT ecu to control the nitrous.. :thumbup:

The stock fuel pump gives up the ghost when you get to about 200 WHP, with your setup I think it would be sufficient. Ignition is not needed, the stock one should be fine, it fires through boost on my car just dandy.

Not sure what that entire mod. list has to do with the nitrous (the audio and wheel bits anyway) and what do you mean by more stoich at WOT? And is that a narrow band AF meter?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Well, because jwt won't touch obdII ecu's and It has to be tunable on the fly not by mail order. (please stop trying to sell me on a jwt ecu) I am not rewiring an ecu for the prior model year and maybe failing emissions, PERIOD!
If all you want is a weekend racecar great! Do whatever you want to your computer. I want a legal, drivable car that I can register and pass emissions with. (OBDI will not pass an OBDII scan diagnostic, duh) Anyway, a progressive controller and an ignition plus the nos kit together are probabally still cheaper than a new ecu!

I was thinking ignition because you have to have aftermarket ignition to setup an RPM window switch and nos cut before fuel cut. (without jwt ecu management). Plus the ignition might be good for a few ponies off the juice.
Where is the JWT rpm window set for? How low an rpm can I squeeze at?
And can you break that down by gear?

More stoich at WOT means when the ecu goes into wot mode the venom400 keeps the fuel trim closer to stoich by lying to the ecu. The stock fuel map is very rich at WOT and just wastes gas and lacks power. The more perfect combustion adds power and saves gas. I know, you personally don't like piggyback ecu's, that's your preference. The a/f guage is hooked directly to the headers O2 sensor and no it's not a UEGO wideband, it's the standard a/f sensor the car sees it's just got a guage for me to see now, and at wot I see one light over stoich (just a drop rich for safety) with the stock program I see like 4-5 lights over stoich at WOT (waste of gas, lost power). I also feel more power. I mention it because the leaner mix may be a bad idea while squeezing (plus it will advance the timing) so I thought hey, maybe I should switch it off while running Nitrous, thats all.

The alternative to the zex wet I was thinking of is a direct port setup on the lower half of the intake plenum, but unless I can make it safe with the ignition window switch and nos cut I won't do either. Just can't afford to pull a block right now or fry rings etc....
Who here has been running nos without any problems on a ga16de?

Oh yeah, WES, if you're not addressing the question(s) please don't address the post. And yes I have a JWT product, the flywheel I mentioned in the prior post (please read the whole post).

·
Nitrous Junkie
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
DanTheMan said:
Well, because jwt won't touch obdII ecu's and It has to be tunable on the fly not by mail order. (please stop trying to sell me on a jwt ecu) I am not rewiring an ecu for the prior model year and maybe failing emissions, PERIOD!
If all you want is a weekend racecar great! Do whatever you want to your computer. I want a legal, drivable car that I can register and pass emissions with. (OBDI will not pass an OBDII scan diagnostic, duh) Anyway, a progressive controller and an ignition plus the nos kit together are probabally still cheaper than a new ecu!

I was thinking ignition because you have to have aftermarket ignition to setup an RPM window switch and nos cut before fuel cut. (without jwt ecu management). Plus the ignition might be good for a few ponies off the juice.
Where is the JWT rpm window set for? How low an rpm can I squeeze at?
And can you break that down by gear?

More stoich at WOT means when the ecu goes into wot mode the venom400 keeps the fuel trim closer to stoich by lying to the ecu. The stock fuel map is very rich at WOT and just wastes gas and lacks power. The more perfect combustion adds power and saves gas. I know, you personally don't like piggyback ecu's, that's your preference. The a/f guage is hooked directly to the headers O2 sensor and no it's not a UEGO wideband, it's the standard a/f sensor the car sees it's just got a guage for me to see now, and at wot I see one light over stoich (just a drop rich for safety) with the stock program I see like 4-5 lights over stoich at WOT (waste of gas, lost power). I also feel more power. I mention it because the leaner mix may be a bad idea while squeezing (plus it will advance the timing) so I thought hey, maybe I should switch it off while running Nitrous, thats all.

The alternative to the zex wet I was thinking of is a direct port setup on the lower half of the intake plenum, but unless I can make it safe with the ignition window switch and nos cut I won't do either. Just can't afford to pull a block right now or fry rings etc....
Who here has been running nos without any problems on a ga16de?

Oh yeah, WES, if you're not addressing the question(s) please don't address the post. And yes I have a JWT product, the flywheel I mentioned in the prior post (please read the whole post).
If you want to do it right you can get a SAFC and a wideband if you want to stay away from JWT. With out a wideband o2 sensor you really don't know where your A/F really is. I Have seen those A/F sensors be off by alot. What you need to do is set your timing -5. Gap your plugs correctly and get 1 step colder plugs. Get rid of those iridiums and get some NGK coppers. Your going to have to change your plugs every so often any way.

I have never heard really good things ZEX. I would personally go with NX their solenoids are rebiuldable. With the little ZEX box you have 2 tiny solenoids in there. The NX ones are Huge compared to that box.

You can spray right after 3000 rpm. Set up the WOT at the pedal but only to activate when you floor it. That way you can still launch the car and only spray when you mash the pedal. That way you can always be sure your over 3K.

Toss the Venom computer and get an MSD digital 6. You can adjust your timing to automaticaly retard for nitrous. You can set it up to run advanced timing when your N/A and retard when you spray.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts