Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OKay well i wanted to get the greddy exhaust system but i hear things that it is too big. 60 mm is about 2.5 inches, give or take. They were saying go stromung 50mm. Will i lose a lot of power?? what kind, low, mid, high?? thanks.

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
2.5" is too big for an N/A GA16DE. I'd stick with something closer to 2", which is just over 50mm. I've heard nothing but positive results and remarks from the Stromung, though I have no personal experience with it. I have a $tillen rear section (muffler) and recently added a B13 SE-R b-pipe... which is around 1 7/8" in diameter. I noticed a significant difference in low and mid torque, especially with throttle response. This is on an automatic GA16DE.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yeah, I would say 60mm is a bit large for the GA16DE motor. I have the HKS cat-back on my car and I do feel some lost in low end power. The HKS piping is 55mm in the front and 60mm towards the muffler. The muffler looks very stock looking and the sound is just great, no droning at all. If I had a SR20DE powered B13, I would get the HKS just because the look of the Greddy is too ricey for me.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
do they make it for the DET's ? cuz i planning to do a S14 DET Swap later on.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
hey samo...

yea.. i dont really understand the big difference. i want the FWD ones so i dont have to deal with the hassle . the bluebird and GTi-R is what u recommend then i will get one of those.

i have a 2.25 piping.. will that effect the Sr20DET motor at all? 2 big or 2 small?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts