Nissan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok ive searched but couldnt find anything but i have a 99 sentra gxe and for some reason i keep wanting to shift into a 6th gear, ive had the car for a year now and i sill do it.

my question is if i could put a 6 speed in it or not?

· Wise Cracker
6,155 Posts
ok ive searched but couldnt find anything but i have a 99 sentra gxe and for some reason i keep wanting to shift into a 6th gear, ive had the car for a year now and i sill do it.

my question is if i could put a 6 speed in it or not?
What would the point of this be? If it is to be different then rock on, you could probably have a bell housing custom made to mate the Spec V gearbox in, granted it would cost you a ton of money and not really gain you anything in performance, but if it made you happy then rock on!

· Gig 'Em Aggies !!
261 Posts
What would the point of this be? If it is to be different then rock on, you could probably have a bell housing custom made to mate the Spec V gearbox in, granted it would cost you a ton of money and not really gain you anything in performance, but if it made you happy then rock on!
Amen^^^ we talked already, but here u go ^. spec-v would be something to look into. good luck and "rock on"

· Registered
9 Posts
I feel your pain son, my B13 GA16DE's gear ratios are so close the engine is never relaxed in overdrive (5th Gear). 5th only eases the High RPM Stress under 60mph, over that it starts to haul like fourth gear. Don't know of a 6 speed box that would fit though, only 6 speed box I can remember besides the one mated to the spec-v is one mated to SR-VE engines (jdm spec), very rare and i think it was mated to the sr20ve not the sr16

· Super Moderator
1,077 Posts
After driving my Versa for a while (its a 6 speed) i was driving my b14 and tried to put it in 6th gear :eek:

Personally i like 5 speed, i hate cycling through 6 gears all the time.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey do any of you guys know if a Cold air intake from a 1.8 will fit on the 1.6 cuz mine was homemade and ended up breaking

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.