Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to buy a late 80's 300zx turbo from a guy for $350 that just needs an alternator, the only thing I'm curious about is that he said its a 50th anniversary. I cant get a hold of him for a while and I need to go ahead and get the alternator, so anyone know what year this might be? His daughter said she thinks its an 86, but I thought 87 when I saw it... anyone know?

·
Drives Hard
288 Posts
Kitryj said:
I'm about to buy a late 80's 300zx turbo from a guy for $350 that just needs an alternator, the only thing I'm curious about is that he said its a 50th anniversary. I cant get a hold of him for a while and I need to go ahead and get the alternator, so anyone know what year this might be? His daughter said she thinks its an 86, but I thought 87 when I saw it... anyone know?
1984 had a 50th Anniv 300ZX turbo. A bit ahead of it's time. It had a more advanced stereo among other things and the body mof the 1986 model, which was very nice. A pretty cool car if it doesn't need alot of work.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: 50th Anniversary?

GregV said:

1984 had a 50th Anniv 300ZX turbo. A bit ahead of it's time. It had a more advanced stereo among other things and the body mof the 1986 model, which was very nice. A pretty cool car if it doesn't need alot of work.
It might very well be an 84... It turns out I can go look at it in just a few minutes... I'll post what year it is when I find out... oh, and James... you can also look inside the door frame to get the year of a vehicle... theres a metal plate there(sometimes a sticker) with the info of the car engraved in it.

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 50th Anniversary?

Kitryj said:

It might very well be an 84... It turns out I can go look at it in just a few minutes... I'll post what year it is when I find out... oh, and James... you can also look inside the door frame to get the year of a vehicle... theres a metal plate there(sometimes a sticker) with the info of the car engraved in it.
I did not know that. Thanks for the info.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heh, Greg was right... It is an 84 and it is a 50th Anniversary... says it on the backrests of the seats. Coolest thing about the car that I didn't notice till today, the entire dash cluster is digital, lol... umm.... yea....

·
Registered
314 Posts
my buddy had an 84Z and it had problems with the digital dash. it just plain didnt work. i hear that they have all had problems with them.

just my 2

1 - 10 of 10 Posts