Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont want any fast and furious sub amp pack from wally world though. I already have a Sony head unit (dont laugh its a good one not some $100 p.o.s., i have never had any trouble with it)and infiniti 6 1/2's in front and infiniti 6x9's in back, powered with a 4 channel Audiobahn amp. Now I just need some bass. I would just like some suggestions on a good sub system(subs+box+amp) for 500 or less(preferably less) .Please name some speciffic brands or models, none of that you will be happy if you do this and this and this, crap.Thanks for the help, I have been trying to pick something out for months now.

·
Registered
851 Posts
im going with a Kicker 12L7 and Kicker 600.1 combo for $600. havent actually gotten em yet, but i doubt ill be disapointed ;)

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
do you just want to get loud or do you care about how it sounds? how imporant is each of those to you?

·
USACI here I come
440 Posts
pawn shop or E-bay

Or hit your local shop when they have one of those deals were you get a buy one get one free deal on rockford subs and a free box thrown in.

·
Registered
149 Posts
you can get a bass setup for pretty cheap. How serious are you looking to beat. I work at Circuit City and we have a setup with two bazooka 10s and an amp for like $199 and a box is like $50. Hell, throw the service on it for like $20 more and you gcan get a new setup like every year. Or you can go with like a DVC 12 and a good amp for like $300. Just how serious are you looking to go?

·
Banned
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
149 Posts
Good choices, but In my opinion, I'd go with the Audiobahn A8000T mono amp. That thing has some serious power and can let you build later if you want to. 800RMS @ 2 Ohms

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
sr20dem0n said:
do you just want to get loud or do you care about how it sounds? how imporant is each of those to you?
?

and please stay away from audiobahn

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had two 12" alpine type r with an 600w amp and they bumped real hard you can get type r for 100 -120$ cause the new type x came out alpine would be a great choice

·
Banned
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SkylineGTR said:
Good choices, but In my opinion, I'd go with the Audiobahn A8000T mono amp. That thing has some serious power and can let you build later if you want to. 800RMS @ 2 Ohms
If I ge that I would need two wich = 400 just for the amps. Its a good idea but an expensive one.

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
ga16freak said:
If I ge that I would need two wich = 400 just for the amps. Its a good idea but an expensive one.
no you wouldn't just bridge the subs

·
Registered
157 Posts
i just spent about $250 on my system if that and it pounds pretty hard... enough to rattle your head around....

2 12" American Pro Subs Chrome Series - Ebay - like $30 plus shipping
these are pretty good subs for the price ive had 2 pairs of 12's (sold the
first pair for twice as much as payed for and my brother has a pair of 15's
we both really like them

800Watt Audiobahn Amp - Ebay - $170 - Nice... good quality and sound

Box - about $20 if that for the wood... made it myself

Then you got about $30 for random wiring blah blah blah

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
RBI*04 said:
im going with a Kicker 12L7 and Kicker 600.1 combo for $600. havent actually gotten em yet, but i doubt ill be disapointed ;)
This is the way to go if your not too concerned with sound quality but like it loud. The only difference is I'm pushing my 12L7 w/ a KX1200.1...a lil overpowering on my behalf :p

·
Registered
291 Posts
johnsonsRIDE said:
800Watt Audiobahn Amp - Ebay - $170 - Nice... good quality and sound
Hey you are not serious right?

You can get a pair of Resonant Engineering 10s for $120 ($60 each), run a Hifonics Merlin 450 for $150, http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13988

build your own box for about $60. Grand Total is $330.00. Guaranteed the Hifonics 450 watt amp will outperform any Audioblah 800 watt amp anyday. And the RE subs are a perfect sub for soundquality and economics...

·
Registered
291 Posts

·
RAWRscareh
604 Posts
1 (or 2) Alpine TypeS subs ~ $150-200shipped, TOPS (ebay or something)
Alpine MRD-350 (i have one for sale, $100 shipped)
box is about $40 in materials if you need everything

thats way under $500, and i used to have those subs, they'll MOVE with that amp

·
Banned
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Azgrower said:
Please stray away from any Audioblah crap, but at least the website you listed is a great retail website to buy from!
Already have one Audiobahn amp. They arent a succesful buisness for no reason.

·
Atheist Libertarian
669 Posts
ga16freak said:
Already have one Audiobahn amp. They arent a succesful buisness for no reason.
Right. They know that most people aren't knowledgable enough to purchase an amp based on actual performance. Most people just buy the shiniest object they can find. Marketing in action....

1 - 20 of 42 Posts