Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can my pathy go threw some decent off roading in only 2 wheel drive?
or shuld i stay away from off roading sice i dont have the 4x4 option.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well im not going to be doing anything i have a doubt about. its mainly a dirtbike trail im going to be on

·
Registered
69 Posts
what year and model is your pathy? I don't know if any 2WD models had an LSD but if yours has one you will go places. A good limited slip rear diff will go most places a 4wd with no LSD can go..

and if your driving a 2wd with no LSD you've actually got a 1 wheel drive. and I'd stick to the pavement ;-)

·
3,553 Posts
"Standard equipment" was usually a dealership purchase option. There's no way to tell unless you jack up the rear end and spin a tire by hand. If both spin opposite directions, you have no LSD. If both spin the same direction, you DO have a LSD.

·
Registered
69 Posts
1995 had an AWSOME LSD... if in fact your truck has one..

I had a 95 SE 4x4, in 2wd that truck would literally WALK most 4x4 though the mud on a leash! I had a hard time going places in my 87 Pathy in 4wd that the 95 would go in 2wd. Same story with our 95 Chevy Silverado. crappy diff coupled with long wheelbase made that truck the suck in the mud.

Pathy's Rule for trails.. just make sure you have a good set of A/T tires.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,239 Posts
I tool my Pathy 4wd on the Alpine loop in Southern Colorado's San Juan Mountains and was in 2wd all the way up. Engineer pass and Cinnamon Pass, and only used 4wd Hi and Lo going down. Mud, snow and rocks and rain going up and down. This was on half worn OEM tires !!
So yes I think you are OK, particularly with good tires, you have the short wheel base and ground clearance. Dont try any steep descents with nasty hairpins !!!

So how did your trip go ?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok but im not 4x4 so do i still have the lsd?
and my trip is next weekend
my cousin who was going to come with me had to work but he has next weekend off
so be expecting sum pics next saturday or sunday

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,239 Posts
I dont think mine had LSD Its SE and it was an option for the SE's for sure

·
3,553 Posts
The LSD was an option on all of the models. Just check the box before ordering, sir... ;)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no my grandfather was giving it to me and he told me it was a 95 and when i went to register it the pink said 97

1 - 20 of 43 Posts