Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
im2kwik4u
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is regarding my passenger axle, i first took it to the place because i had just changed it on aughust because the inner boot was ripped. 6 months later it starts clicking when turning, i took it in to the same place , they rebuilt it, and it started clicking again after 24hrs , took it again and then they rebuilt it again, and then after 5 hours of driving around town, it starts clicking without even turning , i take it again they replace rebuild it again and 4 days later it starts clicking when turning left only. i keep on going to the same place because the axle is still under warranty, but do u guys think that this axle is toast and i need to get another rebuilt one, or can they keep on rebuilding the same one. My car is a 98 se, 5sp, lowered on motivational shortened struts with a pop charger and exhaust, i drive the car normal every day, no hard shifts or anything
please help

·
absolutely classic
455 Posts
im2kwik4u said:
This is regarding my passenger axle, i first took it to the place because i had just changed it on aughust because the inner boot was ripped. 6 months later it starts clicking when turning, i took it in to the same place , they rebuilt it, and it started clicking again after 24hrs , took it again and then they rebuilt it again, and then after 5 hours of driving around town, it starts clicking without even turning , i take it again they replace rebuild it again and 4 days later it starts clicking when turning left only. i keep on going to the same place because the axle is still under warranty, but do u guys think that this axle is toast and i need to get another rebuilt one, or can they keep on rebuilding the same one. My car is a 98 se, 5sp, lowered on motivational shortened struts with a pop charger and exhaust, i drive the car normal every day, no hard shifts or anything
please help
They obviously aren't doing the work you payed them for. Rebuilding an axle isn't that hard to do when you have the right tools. I've dealt with too many shady mechanics to ever trust any of them again. For all you know, they could have just repacked it with grease and gave it back to you with a new boot. Since it's making the grinding sound during turns are such, it's most likely your outer CV joints. Whenever one goes bad, the other tends to be on it's way out in my experience. It may be that the other axle is also bad, I would get under the car and look at both axles to be sure. BTW, lowering your car puts more stress on the axles.

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
rebuilt axles are usually crap, having it rebuilt on-site is unheard of to me, rebuild means they take it off the car and actually rebuild/remanufacture the axle in a factory, then it's sold off as a rebuilt axle to someone else.

First concern to me: I hope you didn't pay for each visit, if they didn't fix it the 1st time, there's no reason to pay the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th+ times. Also, if it's still acting up after that many "repairs" I would get my money back b/c they did nothing.

Now then, you make it sound as if you went through 4 individual axles. IMO, once you got the click, there's no way to repair it (at least not while it's still on your car :rolleyes: ), the guys at the shop are giving you teh screw.

Here's your solution, save up $150 and get yourself an axle from raxle.com. They're new, they're quality, they're backed well. Have a DIFFERENT shop install it b/c these guys are def. bitches.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts