Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
You can get a new one from Rockauto.com for $1134 plus shipping. They also have a reman starter for $52.49 + $18 core + shipping. I've had great luck ordering from them in the past for my various vehicles. I've also had great luck getting local stores to pricematch when I didn't want to wait for the part to get here.

Auto Parts Fast at RockAuto

Dipstick warmer is an excellent choice too. I'll have to move up to 10w40 for my truck in the warmer months, I've been using 10w30 more out of old habit than anything.

Hope this helps man!

· Registered
35 Posts
In my previous post the price for the new starter should have read $113.... whoops! Anyway today I paid attention to my starter and sure enough, it's definitely sluggish compared to my neighbors Nissan with the same engine. I hope my starter last a little while longer as I'm out of work right now and need the truck to get me to my temp job on time :(

· Registered
35 Posts
Won't they get pissed when I ask them to pricematch Rock Auto though? Many shops markup parts to cover the cost of free diagnostics. Thanks for the tips, I will check the wires and terminals. It's been awhile and you never know until you check! I'll whip out the multimeter at get to checking those voltages and amps where I can do so safely.

Truck has 150K and is a 1999 model, 4cyl, manual trans. I've owned the truck 2 years. First thing I did was replace the alternator, because it was shot. The battery is only a few months older than the alternator.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.