Nissan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I'm reading, the factory system for non-Bose is a 2ohm, which limits the selection a bit.

Crutchfield recommends the Powerbase OE-652:

But I don't see why the Powerbase OE-675 wouldn't be a better option:

Crutchfield says both fit, and the 675 is bigger (bigga mo betta) and cheaper... win win? Figure no point in upgrading the rear speakers as they are just filler anyway.

Rectangle Font Parallel Number Screenshot

Also, does anyone know if the missing two speakers on the base S-trim are up on the dash under the A-pillars? I would assume so, but are they prewired or are we SOL if we didn't go SV-trim or higher?

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I went ahead and ordered the OE-675 and will report back how big of an upgrade it is. The stock speakers, at least on the S, are super trash so I would wager at least the brights will be improved. I'll also just have to crack those covers off to see if there is wiring under there for speakers on the S-trim, and will let y'all know.

· Registered
3 Posts
I went ahead and ordered the OE-675 and will report back how big of an upgrade it is. The stock speakers, at least on the S, are super trash so I would wager at least the brights will be improved. I'll also just have to crack those covers off to see if there is wiring under there for speakers on the S-trim, and will let y'all know.
I would guess there are wire in the A pillars. Please post on results form speaker swap. I’ve looked at the same speakers. Would expect you will get better SQ at same volume level. I also think upgrading rear speakers will be beneficia. I did in prior Rogue and results were good. Over fuller sound. The hands down best upgrade will be components in front with four channel amp.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would guess there are wire in the A pillars. Please post on results form speaker swap. I’ve looked at the same speakers. Would expect you will get better SQ at same volume level. I also think upgrading rear speakers will be beneficia. I did in prior Rogue and results were good. Over fuller sound. The hands down best upgrade will be components in front with four channel amp.
I'd just quickly check myself, but it looks like to get in there requires complete removal of the A-pillars, and since there are airbags in there technically you are also then required to disconnect the battery. A lot of work if there's nothing there, so will probably just see how the fronts work for now and then make a decision.

I don't need perfection, but the stock ones are soooo muddy.

· Registered
3 Posts
I'd just quickly check myself, but it looks like to get in there requires complete removal of the A-pillars, and since there are airbags in there technically you are also then required to disconnect the battery. A lot of work if there's nothing there, so will probably just see how the fronts work for now and then make a decision.

I don't need perfection, but the stock ones are soooo muddy.
No airbag issue. Pry loose A Pillar from top and loosen clips going down to pull it loose. Pry up grill and done.

· Registered
135 Posts
This is the dash speaker from my sv. I took this 7 months ago and don't remember if I had to remove the apillar or not. The second pic is of the opening through the windshield. The apillar looks to still be installed.

Hood Wood Automotive exterior Fixture Tints and shades

1 - 9 of 9 Posts