Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, this weekend at the SERCA dyno day I redynoed my red turbo classic using VP C16 instead of C12 like last time and got 380 hp and 353 lb/ft of torque at 21 psi.

Now my car still sucks more than any of the other turbo SE-R's I helped build or tune but at least its not quite as embarrising as before.

Its amazing, the smoother combustion of C16 was good for 12 hp over the C12. It weas not detonating before, just sounded like rough combustion.

C16 truely kicks ass, its like turbo liquid crack.

Next is 3" downpipe, Tial wastegate, O2 induction manifold, 72 lb injectors, T350 turbine, JWT C2 cams. Hopefuly a lot more power.

Mike

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Zak91SE-R said:
Haha, good to hear. "C16 - It just sucks less."
I think a 3" downpipe and ported turbine housing make a bigger difference than headwork on these motors.

I guess we'll see how much of a difference these minor changes make soon enough.

Mike

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
Mike, are you who I think you are? If so........I'd like to talk to you a little bit about my engine.

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
psshhgoesmysr20 said:
Glad to hear it Mike. Are you using a .82 ported housing or a .63?
An off the shelf unported stock 0.82 T3 housing. I think porting and extrude honing are good for around 10-15 hp and 2-400 rpm quicker spool.

Mike

·
Registered
236 Posts
turbo liquid crack...lol

morepower2 said:
I think porting and extrude honing are good for around 10-15 hp and 2-400 rpm quicker spool.

Mike
Are you referring to exhaust housing only or are you including the manifold?

Can't wait to try some of that "turbo liquid crack" when it's finished. :D

laterz...Jody

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: turbo liquid crack...lol

1fastser said:
Are you referring to exhaust housing only or are you including the manifold?

Can't wait to try some of that "turbo liquid crack" when it's finished. :D

laterz...Jody
Exhaust housing only.

·
Registered
30 Posts
morepower2 said:
Ok, this weekend at the SERCA dyno day I redynoed my red turbo classic using VP C16 instead of C12 like last time and got 380 hp and 353 lb/ft of torque at 21 psi.

Now my car still sucks more than any of the other turbo SE-R's I helped build or tune but at least its not quite as embarrising as before.

Its amazing, the smoother combustion of C16 was good for 12 hp over the C12. It weas not detonating before, just sounded like rough combustion.

C16 truely kicks ass, its like turbo liquid crack.

Next is 3" downpipe, Tial wastegate, O2 induction manifold, 72 lb injectors, T350 turbine, JWT C2 cams. Hopefuly a lot more power.

Mike
Mike, when you get the O2Induction manifold on, i think you will 400whp easy. I have ridden in Rob's with it on and it helped spool the turbo faster and the top end was sick. When we dynoed it it made like 51 peak hp overall. I sure you know that already though. Cant wait to put the prototype on my b14.

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jackson Diamond said:
Mike do you know if it would be possible for Clarck at JWT to program an ecu for a short runner intake manifold (i.e. O2induction).
I don't think the short runner manifold will make any difference to the program, but I will test it for sure.

Mike

·
RAWRscareh
604 Posts
i KNOW this is an OLD post...but any updates from kojima? i'm looking into one of these manifolds, but i'd like to see some trustworthy dyno numbers first (their site numbers might not be the same boost settings, etc etc.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
go over to sr20forum.com and see some of the older posts in there, or check www.se-r.net (the archives) there's a ton of good stuff in there too.

Mike will chime in I'm sure.

·
RAWRscareh
604 Posts
chimmike said:
go over to sr20forum.com and see some of the older posts in there, or check www.se-r.net (the archives) there's a ton of good stuff in there too.

Mike will chime in I'm sure.
i actually started another post over there about those manifolds mike

did a lot of searching, and heard a lot of stuff about a poor idle control with these manifolds. supposedly, andreas copied o2's design for his own car, and modified the manifold slightly, and claims to have a great, strong idle. i'm already going to be running S4's, but combine that lopey of an idle with a poor idle, and i'd be stalling everywhere i went. ive already PMed andreas about what he did to modifiy the o2induction manifold, but no replies as of yet, and i brough kojima's old thread back to life in hopes he may reply to it and give me some solid info

here's hoping.

·
Registered
274 Posts
what kind of compression do you have? That's a lot of HP for a 4 banger. SO on race fuel, 360 hp and 330 Lb ft. ! I'm pretty impressed. when do you spool, or better yet, can you post a dyno sheet? I'd love to see what kind of flat HP and TQ you make (area under the curve)

·
RAWRscareh
604 Posts
Marc Z31 said:
what kind of compression do you have? That's a lot of HP for a 4 banger. SO on race fuel, 360 hp and 330 Lb ft. ! I'm pretty impressed. when do you spool, or better yet, can you post a dyno sheet? I'd love to see what kind of flat HP and TQ you make (area under the curve)

thats not ALOT of hp, Trav4011 is in the process of building a massive turbo'd and nitrous-fed 700+whp beast.
"those little 4bangers" are quite powerful when built up properly.

300 is a daily driver lol

i expect on making WELL over 400whp with my setup when its done, possibly up to (or maybe past) 500whp on high boost and race gas.

by the way, check the dates, this is a VERY old post. i'm sure kojimas well above the 400whp mark now.

·