Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
800+ posts
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have finally acquisitioned everything I need to "properly" turbo my GA16DE in my B12 Sentra. Here is everything I currently have:

S13 SR20DET Garrett T25 turbocharger
S13 SR20DET side-mount intercooler
spare GA16DE fuel rail
adjustable fuel pressure regulator
Nissan Maxima N60 MAF sensor
Integrated Engineering Cometic T25 gasket
TSI GA16DE turbo manifold
S13 KA24DE fuel pump
Apex'i S-AFC 2
wideband (used but functional)
sequential blow-off valve
four 259cc fuel injectors (KA24DE)
four 370cc fuel injectors (SR20DE)
spare oil pan (welded drain for oil)

Here's my question: should I initially tune my GA16DE(T) with the 259cc injectors and KA24DE fuel pump, or should I make the leap to the 370cc injectors and get a Walbro 255 lph pump? Both sets of injectors I got from a friend in good working order, and I know the KA24DE fuel pump works well (pulled it from a recently wrecked S13). I only want around 8 lbs of boost (I don't think my poor B12 can handle much more), and is it worth all the trouble of buying a Walbro pump and using the 370s?

·
800+ posts
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah, eBay special. I am actually most likely not going to use it; I'll keep my stock Nissan fpr at 3 bar of pressure. I have an S-AFC 2, also, should tuning should not be difficult.

The problem with running higher boost levels is my B12 Sentra most likely won't hold together very well. I don't want to crap out CV axles or other components because I am running too much boost. Obviously, a boosted car takes much more daily abuse than an N/A one.

·
Super Moderator
1,065 Posts
i would just go 370cc, you can pick them up for about 100 shipped.

·
800+ posts
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've decided to just run the 370cc injectors I have. If need be, I can just tune everything down for low boost. I also just purchased a Walbro 255 lph fuel pump, so I should have no problem there. Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the SR20DET T25 have it's wastegate set at 8 lbs of boost? If so, I imagine I'll just run stock boost and leave it at that unless I start feeling adventurous.

Does anyone know the next step-up from 370cc injectors that are side-feed Nissan? I know the S15 SR20DET has larger injectors; how much spray are they and how easy are they to find?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts