Nissan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ive got a pickle 4 an arm
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would have posted this in the Z section, but apparently no one reads that section.

After looking at the new Z pictures on Fresh alloy, i have to say that i see a bit of Porshe 911 appeal mixed with some Audi TT spice. the race car verson looks awesome, i can't wait to see the car in ture Race form. will it compete at the 24 hour of DAYTONA? or Le Mans? i'm not sure but i don't see why not.

Lets hope the new Z's racing career is as succesful as the origional. thats what made it so popular in the first place. though it is a much harder task to achieve, when every company is designing though computers and simulations. competition is very very close.

G

·
Nissan is on a roll lately... the G35 especially is a car that almost everybody seems to want now. I believe the new Z will really become a mainstream and well liked car. I expect track performance to be pretty good too, comparable to other performance cars in its class.

·
Registered
5 Posts
350Z has competition coming soon. The Mazda RX8 which I imagine will be slightly cheaper due to competition w/ 350Z. In my opinion the RX8 has a lot nicer styling but it def does not have a bullit proof engine like the Z. We all know how much of a problem those Rotarys can be. They do love boost though. As far as the G35 its in its own class. it is really even hard to compare anything w/ it. just my .02

·
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i've got a mail in "autograph" style card on the RX8. it looks a lot the the 7 to me. i'll say that it looks lighter then the Z. the Z seems to have a bulky styiling to it. the RX seems more lean and track ready. as far as styling there will be some taste tests going on the general proformace car market. i'd say its a good call to see a 350 VZ RX8 comparo in Motor Trend eventually. maybe they will throw in the NSX as well for the dice up. Preformance wise, i feel the z will get the nod. at least stock, it has more hp.

The G35 Coupe is mouth watering. the line between the Z and the 35 is thin. its a matter of luxory Vs Sport. some people gripe against the tail ends of both cars. but i like them alot. i think it is one of the better designed areas. two fine asian asses lol. there is no mistaking them for any other country then Japan. but they look tastefull. and why shouldn't Nissan brag about their Country's heritage and culture?!

1,267 Posts
Importracer said:
350Z has competition coming soon. The Mazda RX8 which I imagine will be slightly cheaper due to competition w/ 350Z. In my opinion the RX8 has a lot nicer styling but it def does not have a bullit proof engine like the Z. We all know how much of a problem those Rotarys can be. They do love boost though. As far as the G35 its in its own class. it is really even hard to compare anything w/ it. just my .02
I doubt it's going to be cheaper than the base model, it's hard to beat the 350 for around $27k. Before I left for vacation I remember seeing someone on clubsi that just signed the papers for the enthusiast package and it was something like $27-$28k altogether.

·
Aaaayh!
439 Posts
No way the RX8 will be cheaper than the Z. Ever notice how expensive Miatas are for what you get.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Yesterday we had one in the dealership for technical training. It was the first time I have gotten to see one and I like it a lot. I think it does look a lot like a Porsche. It's awesome. It sits low as hell. It has a 10" sub behind the driver seat. The vents have the "Z" logo in the vent. The one I saw was an automatic but had the navigation. It was white. Pretty tight. I give it 2 thumbs up.

·
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
grr, my browser didn't submit right and i just lost everything i just wrote!! well i'll try to remember...

i noticed the speaker in some of the pictures online. doesn't it have another sub right behind the passenger? i'm sure the sound system is no less then BOSE?
i also saw those hideaway storage compartments behind the seats, pretty neat.
some people say that the interior looks cheap. what do you think? will it withstand the long run? or will the plastic paint chip,fall or scratch off? thats the biggest concern i have with my father's 01 Max, the center piece looks like painted plastic.

G

·
datsun 240z

should also look back to the datsun 240Zs ... thats where the styling roots are from, not only with the exterior, but the interior too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts