Nissan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· NISSAN SLAP NUTS
1,091 Posts
That would be bliss to most ..But not a practical swap ,due to the fact of 1. VQ is a V6 and a rear drive. 2. the little nx,exa,n12,n13 engine compartment is too small:lame: but true... best bet woulld be a CA18(16)DE,DET or for the aussie's the E15ET(stock opt.) keep boosting on dreams but the littlepusar would have to look closer in the famliy tree bro..

chip

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be bliss to most ..But not a practical swap ,due to the fact of 1. VQ is a V6 and a rear drive. 2. the little nx,exa,n12,n13 engine compartment is too small:lame: but true... best bet woulld be a CA18(16)DE,DET or for the aussie's the E15ET(stock opt.) keep boosting on dreams but the littlepusar would have to look closer in the famliy tree bro..

chip
yea i know what it has.... thats y i wanna do it.... im looking for a wrecked 350 right now

· NISSAN SLAP NUTS
1,091 Posts
Okey sound good ..just keep in mind ur unibody will not hold up nore carry the vq all that goes with it.. and the price will be nuts.. but good luck bro.

chip

· 800+ posts
822 Posts
Yeah, say goodbye to any frame rails. They barely squeezed a V-6 in a B15 chassis, which has a much bigger engine bay. I would say go with something practical, perhaps a turbo 4-cylinder? Unless you want to make the whole car RWD, and then have fun with that. Even if you fit the engine in the car, where is the transmission going to go?

· Registered
11 Posts
If you go to the April (I think) issue of Max Power (a UK mag) the cover car was a GT-R with a Ford Focus body bolted to the 350z underpinnings. That would probably be a lot less hassle if you were really serious about trying this. You'd probably still have som unusual bulges and bumps you'd have to work onto the N13 body though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.