Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to get some dirt for landscaping and asked for 1 ton. Well, he dumped 3100 pounds in there and now my axle is bent. When the truck gets up to 55 the backend starts shaking...

Guess that pathfinder rearend swap is coming sooner than i thought...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Lawsuit???

·
Registered
160 Posts
IIRC, the bed capacity is what, 1500lbs???

Even your original amount could have hurt stuff.

·
Registered
56 Posts
WOW 3100 LBS?! How did you drive?

Are you sure 1 tonne? Because isn't that 2200lbs or do you mean 1 cubic yard?

I've had 1 cubic yard of dry top soil in my bed and couldn't steer that well. :D

·
Registered
178 Posts
I dunno bout that, I used to own an 89 yota 2wd 4 banger and used to scrap junk metal with it all the time.... I had that sucker loaded down with a lil over 2700 pounds (not including the weight of the truck itself). I've still got the reciept slip to prove it. Thats just crazy and blew my mind when I saw it cuz the weight exceeded the weight of the truck itself!
Dunno bout nissans though... could be possible that loading in all that weight at once in one quick movement when he dumped it in the bed caused it. Still thats alot of weight though. I wouldnt wanna try with my truck.

·
Registered
120 Posts
make the people who dumped the dirt in the back pay for it. If you asked for a toin and they gave you 3100 without your conscent, your all set, make them pay or get a lawsuit, DONT pay for it yourself, one way or another you can make them pay

·
Registered
28 Posts
"Technically" the Hardbody pickup is a 1/4 ton truck. That means 500lbs of weight in the bed MAX.

I had 1500lbs of sand in the back of mine once. I was building a sandbox for my kids and went to the local rock quarry. They guy with the front-end loader dumped about 400lbs of sand in my truck. Just enough to squat the rear end pretty good. But that wasn't enough sand, so I gave him the signal to put just a little more sand in the truck. He shook the bucket on the loader and dropped about 1000lbs more sand in the truck. Suspension went completely flat and my rear tires bulged out. I was a little miffed, but decided it was too much work to use a shovel and remove about 1/2 the sand in the bed. Drove it up to the scale and thats when I realized it was 1500lbs of sand.

I drove it about 8 miles back to the house and unloaded it. Didn't seam to hurt the truck, but I wouldn't do it on a regular basis.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts