Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have roughly 10k from selling my car, and I'm in a dilemma here, and I'm hoping you guys will be able to help me out. I've found a 300zx TT for 7.5k, but has 130k miles on it, and the shipping to get it here will be 600 dollars, so a total of 8.1k and will most likely need a rebuild with the high mileage. Or would getting a roller n/a 300zx and swap in a 30k miles TT motor be better, found the engine for only 1300 dollars including shipping.

Sorry if this is confusing, basically I just need to know are there any huge differences in the 300zx TT vs the N/A besides the engine - because if not, it'd probably be cheaper on my part to just get a roller 300zx and then put in a used TT motor?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would go with getting an Non turbo, 2 seater, which is the lightest of them all then toss the TT motor in it, you'll get more power with less weight, and the 2+0 is just sexy

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
I have roughly 10k from selling my car, and I'm in a dilemma here, and I'm hoping you guys will be able to help me out. I've found a 300zx TT for 7.5k, but has 130k miles on it, and the shipping to get it here will be 600 dollars, so a total of 8.1k and will most likely need a rebuild with the high mileage. Or would getting a roller n/a 300zx and swap in a 30k miles TT motor be better, found the engine for only 1300 dollars including shipping.

Sorry if this is confusing, basically I just need to know are there any huge differences in the 300zx TT vs the N/A besides the engine - because if not, it'd probably be cheaper on my part to just get a roller 300zx and then put in a used TT motor?

Thanks!
A conversion will cost from $6-15K assuming you go with a competent mechanic with experience doing conversions. It's not a simple swap. I would get the TT and go from there. Also ask the seller if he has had a compression test done and what are the numbers?

If a cylinder is 135 psi or below you'll need to get it rebuilt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i agree with spongerider. i have a 90 na, and instead of spending so much on the conversion, i'm just going to buy a twin turbo 300, and then start beefing it up

·
Registered
2 Posts
if your a able to perform the conversion yourself I would suggest buying a front clip. It will have everything you need to do the swap and they usually run 3k and up. Z1 has a front clip with eveything that use for their shop performed swap for 5k.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Z1 is where I bought my Font clip it turned out to be a pretty good motor. I got my turbos rebuilt tho in the process

·
Registered
11 Posts

Thanks!
im doing a swap from 1990 n/a to 1994 tt.this is the worst thing i ever done.is to much work.if you going to swap doit from a original turbo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts