Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 82 datsun 280zx w/ the inline 6 turbo. I work at a nissan dealership and have access to getting a 90 300zx w/ twin turbo with loads of after market performance parts on it. My question is how much of the 300zx parts can be swaped over to my datsun 280zx.

I can pull the entire engine, trans, and wireing out with no problem and I have full access to all the tools needed for the job I just lack the "body platform" difference between the two Z cars. Can the rear axle and suspension parts swap out ?

Any and all infomation will be very helpful!

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
I recently purchased a 82 datsun 280zx w/ the inline 6 turbo. I work at a nissan dealership and have access to getting a 90 300zx w/ twin turbo with loads of after market performance parts on it. My question is how much of the 300zx parts can be swaped over to my datsun 280zx.

I can pull the entire engine, trans, and wireing out with no problem and I have full access to all the tools needed for the job I just lack the "body platform" difference between the two Z cars. Can the rear axle and suspension parts swap out ?

Any and all infomation will be very helpful!
I don't know of any direct bolt on's but I do have a friend that has a 260 with a vg30dett in it (run's low 10's in the 1/4 mile).

That said if you have the tools, ingenuity and money you can swap z32 parts into your 280.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts