Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
300whp from GA16DE(T)??

i have heard a lot of people tell me its not possible. im damn near sure i will break the 300whp marker with my 98 Sentra build up. here are the current mods done to the good'ol GA.....
ported and polished, extrude honed, 3 angle valve job (all thnx 2 Pure Performance), JWT cams, clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, POP charger.thats all that has been installed for now.
i am waiting for my budget to get fatter so i can get a HotShot turbo kit, once i get the turbo kit i will put in a JWT ECU and custom rebuild kit that keeps stock bore (76mm) and lowers the c/r to 8.5:1.
the kit consist of... Copper gaskets, Wiseco 76mm 8.5:1 forged pistons, piston rings, wrist pins, main bearings, rod bearings, washers, timing belt, expansion plugs
a set of custom forged connecting rods is on it way thnx to Crower. i also have a BLITZ boost controller, and turbo timer ready for the turbo kit.

if sum1 has already broken the 300whp marker then i feel like an idiot, but hey im pretty sure this will kick the power up 2 past 300whp, i might need to bump the injectors up a lil more but we will see.

to nebody with a HotShot turbo kit wut boost do u guys drive it at daily? please give ur opinions!
thnx all,
Chris

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the HotShot turbo kit comes with the GT28RS turbo. the injectors im ganna use are 550cc so basically 50lb injectors, also on a JGY rail, i forgot 2 put in that i have a Cobra MAFS for when the turbo kit comes.

what boost do u drive ur GA at daily? wut do u reccommend me driving it at with the forged pistons and rods? The people at Pure Performance told me with the setup im using 10psi would be good for daily driving.

thanks for the copper gasket advice

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was talking to a company (Atlanta Metal Makers) that said they can custom make perfectly matching (1.2) titanium gaskets. the 550cc injectors i have in mind are by BLITZ. i was told i would still need the rail. since ur running 9psi as ur low boost on a stock bottom end wut boost should i set my kit at with the forged pistons, and rods. my sentra is a daily driver and weekend racer. im wanting to get MAX power out of the turbo kit (just ncase a SE-R, or Honda of some sort wants a quickie), but engine safely of course. then on the weekend crank up the boost even more.

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
most likely i will end up going with those gaskets. Nismo 555 injectors r a bit pricey are they worth it? as far as boost goes i will run it around 10-11psi on a daily basis. then on race days i will just have 2 test around and stuff!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.