Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
300whp from GA16DE(T)??

i have heard a lot of people tell me its not possible. im damn near sure i will break the 300whp marker with my 98 Sentra build up. here are the current mods done to the good'ol GA.....
ported and polished, extrude honed, 3 angle valve job (all thnx 2 Pure Performance), JWT cams, clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, POP charger.thats all that has been installed for now.
i am waiting for my budget to get fatter so i can get a HotShot turbo kit, once i get the turbo kit i will put in a JWT ECU and custom rebuild kit that keeps stock bore (76mm) and lowers the c/r to 8.5:1.
the kit consist of... Copper gaskets, Wiseco 76mm 8.5:1 forged pistons, piston rings, wrist pins, main bearings, rod bearings, washers, timing belt, expansion plugs
a set of custom forged connecting rods is on it way thnx to Crower. i also have a BLITZ boost controller, and turbo timer ready for the turbo kit.

if sum1 has already broken the 300whp marker then i feel like an idiot, but hey im pretty sure this will kick the power up 2 past 300whp, i might need to bump the injectors up a lil more but we will see.

to nebody with a HotShot turbo kit wut boost do u guys drive it at daily? please give ur opinions!
thnx all,
Chris

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Your going to need larger injectors than 370CC's and also a larger MAF than the 240SX MAF to support 300WHP.

I made 249 WHP on a T28 with mild head work and JWT S1cams (that was before I installed the turbo cams). I am in the works of finishing my new turbo setup which is aGT28RS, 50 lb injectors in a JGY rail, a Cobra MAF, with a custom JWT ECU for this setup. The car is not running yet but a least now the fuel system and MAF will support over 300WHP. We just now have to see what the stock internals can hold.

Oh and stay away from Copper Head gaskets, especially if your car is anything of a street car.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the HotShot turbo kit comes with the GT28RS turbo. the injectors im ganna use are 550cc so basically 50lb injectors, also on a JGY rail, i forgot 2 put in that i have a Cobra MAFS for when the turbo kit comes.

what boost do u drive ur GA at daily? wut do u reccommend me driving it at with the forged pistons and rods? The people at Pure Performance told me with the setup im using 10psi would be good for daily driving.

thanks for the copper gasket advice

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
SentraStyle said:
the HotShot turbo kit comes with the GT28RS turbo. the injectors im ganna use are 550cc so basically 50lb injectors, also on a JGY rail, i forgot 2 put in that i have a Cobra MAFS for when the turbo kit comes.

what boost do u drive ur GA at daily? wut do u reccommend me driving it at with the forged pistons and rods? The people at Pure Performance told me with the setup im using 10psi would be good for daily driving.

thanks for the copper gasket advice
If you go with the correct 550's you will not need the JGY rail. My car is not a daily driver however low boost is set to 9 PSI on the stock bottom end. I really think the head gasket will be the weak link on your built motor setup unless you have an MLS gasket made.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was talking to a company (Atlanta Metal Makers) that said they can custom make perfectly matching (1.2) titanium gaskets. the 550cc injectors i have in mind are by BLITZ. i was told i would still need the rail. since ur running 9psi as ur low boost on a stock bottom end wut boost should i set my kit at with the forged pistons, and rods. my sentra is a daily driver and weekend racer. im wanting to get MAX power out of the turbo kit (just ncase a SE-R, or Honda of some sort wants a quickie), but engine safely of course. then on the weekend crank up the boost even more.

·
Destroyer of Engines
561 Posts
SentraStyle said:
i was talking to a company (Atlanta Metal Makers) that said they can custom make perfectly matching (1.2) titanium gaskets. the 550cc injectors i have in mind are by BLITZ. i was told i would still need the rail. since ur running 9psi as ur low boost on a stock bottom end wut boost should i set my kit at with the forged pistons, and rods. my sentra is a daily driver and weekend racer. im wanting to get MAX power out of the turbo kit (just ncase a SE-R, or Honda of some sort wants a quickie), but engine safely of course. then on the weekend crank up the boost even more.
FWIW I'm running 11 PSI as my low boost setting (the wastegate spring is set at 11 PSI) using the HS kit with the GT28RS with a completely stock engine.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
SentraStyle said:
You won;t need the rail if you buy the Nismo 555's. If you have that gasket made and it is in fact an MLS gasket let me know. As far as what boost you can run your going to have to figure that out on your own unless someone has a chance to build there motor before hand and a chance to experiment.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
most likely i will end up going with those gaskets. Nismo 555 injectors r a bit pricey are they worth it? as far as boost goes i will run it around 10-11psi on a daily basis. then on race days i will just have 2 test around and stuff!

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
PSr_SEX-R said:
why cant you go with copper for a street car?
Copper gaskets are very picky. The must be annealed proir to installation and everything must be PERFECTLY flat and CLEAN. Additionally even if the gaskets initially seat/seals correctly they are known to weep.

Advice is to stay away if you don't want these headaches as you will not be saving any $$ if you have to rip the head off to mess with the copper gasket.

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
SentraStyle said:
most likely i will end up going with those gaskets. Nismo 555 injectors r a bit pricey are they worth it? as far as boost goes i will run it around 10-11psi on a daily basis. then on race days i will just have 2 test around and stuff!
Well like said before, if you go with the nismo injector, you will not need the rail. Thats saving you money right there. Whats the price difference in the two types of injectors?
Also do you get any perks out of buying the new rail, besides it looks a lot better than the stock one?

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Nostrodomas said:
Well like said before, if you go with the nismo injector, you will not need the rail. Thats saving you money right there. Whats the price difference in the two types of injectors?
Also do you get any perks out of buying the new rail, besides it looks a lot better than the stock one?
If you go with the rail and say the MSD 50lb injectors vs. the nismo 550's you will save about $170 or so. This is based on new prices. Regardless you will need the Walboro pump and Nismo FPR. The Nismo FPR does not fit on the stock rail so you may want to use the JGY rail as based on our design it remotely locates the FPR. I have pics. of the setup on my site.

·
Registered
20 Posts
wes said:
If you go with the rail and say the MSD 50lb injectors vs. the nismo 550's you will save about $170 or so. This is based on new prices. Regardless you will need the Walboro pump and Nismo FPR. The Nismo FPR does not fit on the stock rail so you may want to use the JGY rail as based on our design it remotely locates the FPR. I have pics. of the setup on my site.

wess you want to get to 300WHP with stock internals??????? :eek: :eek: :eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts