Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard would it be to get 300 whp out of a sr20. And what do you think it would run on the quarter with 300whp. Thanx

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
well, i think a low 14 high 13 would be in order for a gutted s13 with 300whp

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
KaRdoN said:
well, i think a low 14 high 13 would be in order for a gutted s13 with 300whp
No way. I refer you to the SCC Project Silvia that ran 12.9 with 274whp and an LSD. Granted they had slicks and a great driver, but low 14 is what my Alti 3.5 runs. Opium ran a 13.8 with a stock RB20. This should be roughly similar to a stock SR20, due to weight differences.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx for the reply's when i build this engine it it okay to keep the bottom stock, Rods, Crankshaft and pistons if there are only 20,000 miles on it. Or sould i go and upgrade them. Do the stock sr20s come with forged pistons thanx.

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
240sxs1377 said:
thanx for the reply's when i build this engine it it okay to keep the bottom stock, Rods, Crankshaft and pistons if there are only 20,000 miles on it. Or sould i go and upgrade them. Do the stock sr20s come with forged pistons thanx.
You could certainly rebuild the engine with forged pistons. I don't think it's absolutely necessary for 300hp. That's right about the point where I would change internals though. I think you could put out 300hp with the S15 T28 and some better injectors. It certainly wouldn't be expensive.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
at how much psi would you recommend running.

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
bridrive55 said:
No way. I refer you to the SCC Project Silvia that ran 12.9 with 274whp and an LSD. Granted they had slicks and a great driver, but low 14 is what my Alti 3.5 runs. Opium ran a 13.8 with a stock RB20. This should be roughly similar to a stock SR20, due to weight differences.
maybe you dont understand what im saying, a 300whp s13, gutted, with normal tires and an OK driver is prone to have traction issues off the line, dont get me wrong, some slicks, and a greatly improved driver, a gutted s13 with 300whp could easily run a 12.5 but it doesnt happen everyday.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I wouldn't even bother with the internals until you are constantly pushing more than 400whp. The stock bottom end (rods, pistons, crank) have held up to over 550whp.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
at what psi would you have to run the t28

·
Red line chaser
814 Posts
240sxs1377 said:
at what psi would you have to run the t28
I'd say about 15 psi would do it. You'd probably also would like to have a FMIC, a 3" downpipe and exhaust set-up, along with a nice set of high lift cams and a set of pullies for good measure. Mix thoroughly and tune well and you should be able to meet your goal. A little icing on the cake would be possibly an o2 intake manifold.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Actually you don’t need 300hr or 250hp for that matter to do 13s ¼
My ¼ mile was: 13.298 at 103.97 with 2.054 60ft on crappy ass all season tires with open dif and that was before I had T28 and larger injectors (at that time I had t25 running 14psi)
Currently I have S15 BB T28 with 850cc RX7 secondary injectors (I know its overkill by I got them for a very good price :D) and with this and my other stuff my car makes 228hp and 247 torque but it still runs extremely reach on maxed out S-AFC when I dyno my car I didn’t had my FPR installed yet. You can see rest of my stuff on my website gariksgarage.tk

·
Pivot 180
2,258 Posts
spdracerUT said:
I wouldn't even bother with the internals until you are constantly pushing more than 400whp. The stock bottom end (rods, pistons, crank) have held up to over 550whp.
haha sure, on a dyno...

·
Registered
5 Posts
lets think about this:

LS1 F bodies weigh about 3300lbs give or take a few

they put down over 300whp (usually)

they run low low 13's with a decent driver and 6speed

i wonder what would happen if you made the car 600lbs lighter... hmm.

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
Joel said:
heaps more wheelspin :)
THANK YOU, no one understands what happens with power and no weight..

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
KaRdoN said:
THANK YOU, no one understands what happens with power and no weight..

I DO I DO!!!! you just go SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRT and WTF? 3secs passed and still in same spot! :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts