Nissan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after NOT much looking for an sr20de engine w/ tranny. I gave up thinking that my 1.6 to 2.0 swap was gonna be taking most of my saved up funds so i said forget it ill do it later, when i get some more money saved. well about 1 week later my cousin was looking for a chain tensioner for his Spec. sending me to a website that had nissan parts online. turned out they also had a forum. so i just was searching, to see what i could find or read. so then i get to the classifieds and then BAM!!! some lady near where i live is selling her NX2000. she said to give her a offer. and then 300$ later i have a NX2000. so now i get to do my 1.6 to 2.0 swap for 300$. So now im gonna be doing the B13 se to se-r conversion and NX2000 to NX1600. but before you get on me for downgrading the NX2000 to NX1600 let me say that i cannot drive the nx2000 on the street it will be a track car only. So in a few days i will be doing the swap and i am a happy camper! good thing i waited, im even gonna bet the brake upgrade from the NX2000. all for 300$ :thumbup:

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
is the nx2k in bad shape/totaled? id rather have he nx..........i <3 t-tops

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
the car is a 91 with 150k miles no signs of oil leaks motor does not shake still pulls strong only thing it looks like it might need is a a slight adjusment to the clutch cable cause it seems to slip a little but it dont smell like burn clutch and hooks pretty quick. when releasing the clutch pedal it almost had to be all the way out when taking off. other than that it just has the slight cosmetic marks of an older 91 vehicle. im gonna be using the nx to autocross cause my b13 pretty nice you can look at it by going to the site below on my sign, hence why im doing the swap to the b13 instead of keeping the NX2000. ive had my b13 long enough to change it for an nx. b13 is a fun car to drive fast, i've drive my friends gt stang with mods pretty fast but that car isnt as fun to drive as my sentra, and now with a sr20 in place it should be even better.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
wow!!!!!!! that IS a great looking car! but seriously i would keep the nx and wait maybe for another scrap (meaning dosent run) sr20 car. because you could race the NX and not worry about bumping other cars <bound to happen in a dog pack!) and you could gut the interior of everything you dont need. but still have your pimp ass b13 for going out. also there is nothing better than a pos looking car (no one knows what an nx2k is...honestly it looks like crap imo) and its a great sleeper! just think long and hard :cheers:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
300 bucks later, SR swap!!

ok now that ive introduced the 300 dollar project now is the time for the technical questions from me. ive already taken everything out of the nx (engine, tranny, axles, ecu, radiator, ecu harness) ready for the swap but only thing i need to know is a question about the wiring harness. what pieces of the harness do i need i already took the ecu harness out, but do i need to take the harness from the dashboard out also? the one that connects to the guage cluster. thanks to those of you who know. I was also wondering if a mod can change the title of the thread. thanks! Oh, and i will post some pics soon to keep updated of my progress.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts