Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what people are getting for 30 to 50 mph times. My 94 LE (1.6 of course) seems to require a tad over 4 seconds if I am going 30 in second and floor it. Rather depressing when the rsx can apparently accomplish the same feat in under 3 seconds! ( SCC mag) When Mag like this show the 30-50 times, do they time similarly, or is this done with full tilt acceleration with timing beging when the speedo needle hit 30?
Wondering if my car is incredibly slow or not? what does everybody else get for 30-50 times, and how do you time them?

Thanks in advance,
Russellc

·
Driver
736 Posts
Lots of times 30-50mph times are done in top gear, not second or whichever gear is appropriate for those speeds. At least that's how Car and Driver and Motor Trend do it.

·
Driver
736 Posts
Teknokid said:
What do you mean top gear?? Like put it in 5th gear at 30 mph and floor it?? It would go hella slow.
Yeah, the highest gear you have(5th in a 5 speed). It's like the test determines how fast you accelerate when you're too lazy to shift down.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nissan200sxgtr & 30-50 timws

Either you have one fast sentra or a slow stop watch . 2 seconds from 30 to 50? Thats faster than a WRX can do it. In the June issue (2002) of SCC The Greddy specially prepared rsx turbo and all, producing 243 wheel horsepower requires 2.5 seconds to accomplish that feat. Your sentra isn't that fast! As to others comments as to 5th gear testing, does anyone have a sentra that will even pull itself from 30 in fifth?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the reply. If possible, try it with a timer of some sort. I will try this 30-50 in top gear on the way home from work. Oh well, these cars are not AA fuel dragsters! Say, what mods have you done to the engine, I saw something you listed about 3 inch MAF adapter with a CP filter. What is this mod?

again, thanks for the response
Russellc

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Its just a custom "POP charger" Basically it eliminates the stock air box. I used a 3" adapter plate that i can got fairly cheap, attatched it after the MAF adapter and attached a stainless steel CP filter to the adapter. I liked the filter cause it is easy to clean but im not too hot on the design though. Anyways, its an inexpensive mod that will get you about 1-2 HP and give you a little roar when you accelerate. I love it. If you want I can get you the adapter and filter for a fairly cheap price??

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds interesting, but I have a 1994 1.6, Isn't there some difference in the MAF? I may be mistaken.

Thanks, Russellc

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
I think since its the same engine, Nissan didnt change much except give us ugly black valve covers and you guys got the shiny ones. Wanna trade??? But seriously, i think the MAF is going to be the same size.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I like my black valve cover. I have one of those limited edition 99 GXEs with black paint and that black interior. I'm going a dark theme with it. I'm going to see if I can't get black silicon couplings for my CAI when I buy that and some black or dark gray ceramic paint and paint anything silver a dark gray or black color. Should look neat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts