Nissan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost completed swap, the first plug fires but the other 3 wont! I've replaced the wires AND the coil packs, but they still have the same results. The ignitor is also brand new. what is going wrong??? Please HELP!!! I've adjusted timing properly, alternated plugs and coil packs... only the wires going to the first coil pack generate a spark. For the love of the sweet drift gods! HELP!!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Chris Himself said:
damn must suck... is the distibutor working properly? Who'd you buy the motor off of?
What distributor? Coil packs and ignitor, mang...

Do you know for a fact that the new(er) parts worked on another SR? Is your wiring intact?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mo money, mo problems...

2Fass240us said:
What distributor? Coil packs and ignitor, mang...

Do you know for a fact that the new(er) parts worked on another SR? Is your wiring intact?
The ignitor i purchased is brand new, the new coils and wires are used but were listed as in working condition, and they're in great shape, they looked and smelled brand new... that's right, I smelled them and they smelled great. as far as i know the wiring is intact, did everything by the book and was very careful and maticulous about all wiring. I don't think it is a coil or wire issue, because the new coils and wires produce the same results: only the first plug fires. Like I said, i alternated every option, different plugs, different wires, different coils...still the same. Any ideas? ANYONE?

P.S. this is a redtop SR20DET, there is no distributor. I AM in the SR20 forum, correct???

·
Registered
319 Posts
Tonster said:
The ignitor i purchased is brand new, the new coils and wires are used but were listed as in working condition, and they're in great shape, they looked and smelled brand new... that's right, I smelled them and they smelled great. as far as i know the wiring is intact, did everything by the book and was very careful and maticulous about all wiring. I don't think it is a coil or wire issue, because the new coils and wires produce the same results: only the first plug fires. Like I said, i alternated every option, different plugs, different wires, different coils...still the same. Any ideas? ANYONE?
I don't know what to tell you. Sounds like you've gone over everything meticulously. Let us know what you find.

Tonster said:
P.S. this is a redtop SR20DET, there is no distributor. I AM in the SR20 forum, correct???
Yes. See my above post.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think it could be your cas. didn't you say that when you got your motor it didn't have a cover on it. it could have bin damaged .take off that fancy cover you made and take a look. I cant think of any thing else that it could be.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fancy covers for sale...

nismo200sx16 said:
I think it could be your cas. didn't you say that when you got your motor it didn't have a cover on it. it could have bin damaged .take off that fancy cover you made and take a look. I cant think of any thing else that it could be.
It IS a fancy cover! Who would have though a Dixie cups diameter would be the exact same?!? I've examined the CAS a few times, the only thing I could see is that the thin metal disc that spins seems very very slighty warped. I does however, spin though. It doesn't have any kinks or flaws in it, just one spot looks like someone might have lightly pushed on it. Anyway, is there anyway of determining if that IS the problem? Could there be a wiring problem somewhere else that I may have goofed? Has anyone stopped to think about how many times Smurfette, being the only female, must have gotten nailed to create an entire race?

·
Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,666 Posts
Tonster said:
Almost completed swap, the first plug fires but the other 3 wont! I've replaced the wires AND the coil packs, but they still have the same results. The ignitor is also brand new. what is going wrong??? Please HELP!!! I've adjusted timing properly, alternated plugs and coil packs... only the wires going to the first coil pack generate a spark. For the love of the sweet drift gods! HELP!!!
You probably have the wrong ECU. You may have an older ECU that's for use with a mechanical distributor.

·
Registered
76 Posts
also check out page 261 to check the entire ignition system. then you should know whats wrong. I'm starting to think my car will be finished befor yours.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
everybody's a comedian...

nismo200sx16 said:
also check out page 261 to check the entire ignition system. then you should know whats wrong. I'm starting to think my car will be finished befor yours.
I'll check both of those pages right now, thanks. I remember thinking I'd have this swap done in a week. Ha. I slay myself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts