Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I use a non supercharged 3.3 for my frontier that is a supercharged my motor went can I just swap intakes

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,341 Posts
You could, but keep in mind that the pistons are different so the compression will be a little bit higher using the N/A engine. If you don't use it already (and you should with the VG33ER), you will definitely want to run premium from now on. Swap the lower intake manifold over from the VG33ER and make sure you use the VG33ER fuel injectors. While the lower intake is removed, you mind as well replace the knock sensor, as well. Another issue is going to be the spark plugs. The VG33ER uses a colder heat range plug than the VG33E. I would start out with a new set of NGK BKR6E-11 plugs to start out. These are the V-power option for the VG33ER engine and are 30,000 mile plugs. Normally, the VG33ER came with platinum plugs, but since the higher compression may require going to a colder plug, there's no sense in wasting $10/plug if you may have to swap them out. I would check the plugs to see how they are burning after 1000 miles. If a colder plug is necessary, go to heat range of 7 with the NGK plugs (remember, NGK heat range numbers get higher as the range gets colder, which is the opposite if other manufacturer's plugs, i.e. Autolite). If you want to stick with the V-powers, go with BKR7E-11, or, if you prefer the 105,000 mile, NGK laser platinums, go with PFR7G-11. Gap at 0.44".

·
Registered
344 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts