Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know what could be causing my 2001 Nissan Pathfinder to surge ahead when I first start up and drive away??? It seems to be getting worse. Not sure if its wanting to stall....it leaps forward abruptly, than goes away within minutes. Someone suggested throttle position sensor...is this possible?? No difficulty starting...help help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The truck is going into Nissan tomorrow afternoon for yet another dianostic test. We'll see what the outcome is on Friday.

·
3,553 Posts
One can only guess from over here with no knowledge of error codes, maintenance history or mileage.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cam sensors are faulty. I need to replace all three.......suggested oil flush also. As for the error codes, the dumb arse prior to me owing it has disconnected it and thus I have no idea something is going wrong or is wrong......

·
Registered
430 Posts
Well I guess the inspection station wouldn't be able to pull any codes to fail it. He probably did some other mods that you will be finding down the road. Did the dealer say how much it would cost to fix? As for the oil flush, the dealer is trying to get some extra money out of you. Regular oil changes are enough.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nissan ran their diagnostic test & it came back cam sensors. All three. All suggested oil flush. The previous owner ruined this vehicle I think...I always seem to be replacing random parts or missing parts. I also found out my error lights have been disconnected....ugh.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nissan ran their diagnostic test & it came back cam sensors. All three. All suggested oil flush. The previous owner ruined this vehicle I think...I always seem to be replacing random parts or missing parts. I also found out my error lights have been disconnected....ugh.

how do you disconnect the error light? anyone know?

·
3,553 Posts
You'd have to pull the dash gauges and remove the bulb, I think.

·
Registered
327 Posts
don't feel bad... the first year in 05 that I had my new to me 01 PF, I spent about 3K on repairs. Light was coming on every 2 months for something else. Thank god it finally got sorted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They quoted me $150. for each cam sensor x3. Who knows what it would have cost for me to get them to install. I have purchased all three for $173. elsewhere & we'll be installing them ourselves.....still researching the 'how to' since it's our first time...ugh. Our error codes are slowly getting whittled down as we've spent many months replacing various parts....once we're caught up, I'll find the time to reconnect my lights for future reference.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I hope you are taking before and after photo's, since you are doing so much work to your truck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
UPDATE 2001 Nissan Pathfinder

Update. Truck has went in for complete body job. New rocker panels, cleaning up all fenders, repainting new bumper, etc. Removed faulty rear wiper motor & getting custom hatch (smoothed over with no accessories). Aside from Nissan symbol of course. Running boards removed as they caused salt to sit there constantly. New muffler/exhaust. All new cam sensors. Ordered new OEM mass air flow sensor. Oil change & oil flush complete also. Complete strut assembly just picked up from the States & yet to be installed. We noticed this past winter that our passenger side coil spring was broken...ugh. Once all that's finished, we'll cross our fingers & hope we're caught up. Eventually we'll need to remove our dash & hook up our service light...no thanks to the guy we bought it from in Toronto. Still need to replace passenger side cornering light. Among the many other things we've already done...a little depressing, but I'm quite enjoying my new hobby of searching for cheap online parts & then installing them. Thanks for all your help & advice!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts